Epilogue

I gave birth to beautiful girl

I gave birth to beautiful girl. We named her Adena Natalia Romanov. She was healthy and strong. That was all that we wanted, and I knew that she would make an amazing Queen.

She was the most precious little gem. Her emerald eyes glistened in the dark and her rich brown locks flowed freely in the wind.

After having her, I wanted more children but I couldn't. Adena had been a gift from the moon goddess. My mother had difficulty in having me. So, I was happy to have at least one gem in my life.

Adena was just like me: adventurous, in search of freedom and equality, stubborn and controlling. She was also like her father, never seeing the best in herself and always putting herself down.

You would usually find all three of us in the library, all three of us huddled together reading a good book or you would find us all spaced across the library involved in our own little worlds.

The moon goddess had truly blessed us.

"Mama! Can we read our favourite book again?"

"Again Adena? Even I've grown tired of it." I laughed.

"Yes Mama, I want to hear you read it!" She giggled.

"Okay, why don't you go bring down your father and then I'll read it." I negotiated.

I was in the middle of finishing the book I had read long ago about Xavier. I was writing the truth about him, about us. So if anyone ever read it, they would know the truth and only the truth. They would know the true Xavier. My Xavier.

The sound of Adena shrieking disturbed my thoughts. "Mama! Papa is going to eat me!" I laughed along as her small little legs propelled her forward.

"Don't touch my gem!" I shouted playing along as Xavier lifted Adena up. "No stay back Xavier." I screamed as he ran towards me, effectively knocking us all over. We all grunted.

"You need to stop eating so much dessert. You're so heavy." I whined.

"Really? I'm not the one who is always having secret midnight snacks!" He rebuttals.

I huffed. "I get peckish okay. I'm not a normal creature, I crave."

"What do you crave? Desserts?"

"Well does pickled jelly count as a dessert?"

Our eyes widened.

"I'm pregnant!"
"You're pregnant!"

"Oh my God, how could I have forgotten? During my first month of pregnancy I had those all the time!"

"And you do smell slightly different. It's vey faint though."

"Get off me! Get off the baby!" I exclaimed.

"I'm going to have a sister or a brother?"

"Yes gem, you are." I said happily.

"I don't want one! I hate one!" She shouted angrily.

"Gem," I said, "watch your tone. It's a blessing. Something that you should be grateful of having."

She just crossed her arms.

"Don't worry it's normal." Xavier whispered in my ear, reassuring me.

"You're right." I couldn't be too harsh on her.

"Mamá, my neck is itchy. Can you plait my hair? My hair is everywhere."

"Sure gem." She sat in front of me, as I plaited her silky hair. All the while Xavier and I were discussing baby names.

"No Xavier, my wolf is called Aphrodite. I'm not naming my child after my wolf."

More horrendous names came up.

"And why would we name our child that? It's starts with an 'f'. Adena's name starts with an 'a' so let's just pick a name that starts with an 'a'. But, not Aphrodite. My wolf is getting very vexed at the moment."

"Mama, my neck is itchy!"

"Where darling?" I questioned, as I looked at her neck.

I froze. My heart palpitated.

"Xavier!" I screamed.

"What?" He froze too.

"What is it Mama?" She asked. "Papa, I'm scared! What is it?"

"It's nothing Adena." I whispered as I hugged her. "It's nothing."

Only it was everything to me. On her neck, was the sist symbol. She was apart of their sist-hood. Meaning that they were not yet fully gone.

She was one of them.