Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A V E R Y

"Again, I'm really sorry about what happened last week." Willow sighed in disbelief, giving her head a shake. "Everyone says he's changed, but I guess not as much as I thought he has."

The next Monday was exactly a week after our first encounter. In punishment for what happened, Wade was given a week's worth of detention for "not keeping his hands to himself," according to Principal Rockford.

His discipline wasn't solely based on the incident that he started with me, however. Apparently, it was his last warning from several recent fights before the principal decided to give him what he deserved for his disobedience.

However, word got around the school that Wade compromised his punishment with Principal Rockford to go to the guidance counsellor's office every day during lunch for a week. People held on to this piece of news; they assumed if you were continuously going to the guidance office, it meant that you were there on "personal" matters.

It wasn't that I cared about Wade negotiating with Principal Rockford or what his appointments to guidance were about. It wasn't my business to meddle in and frankly, it wasn't anyone's but his. Besides, I had other things to worry about.

Surrounded by our fellow peers, Willow and I were in study hall. Nonetheless, it was difficult to study in the first place because of everyone's rowdy chatter. I was hoping to get in some time to focus on homework from my other classes and study for a number of tests that I was expecting, in hopes that I would be able to distract myself from thinking about Wade returning back to school.

It was undoubtedly failing; it was the only thing that I couldn't seem to ignore.

I nodded, biting my lip and agreeing, "Yeah, I guess."

Even though it was almost the end of the day, I still hadn't seen Wade at all. Every time I thought about my incident with him, my stomach uncontrollably churned. The way he looked at me was surely intimidating, especially with his cold eyes.

From students, I already had an idea that Wade was judgmental, but I knew I underestimated it. I was always intimidated by anyone who thought they were in control of everything but this time, I needed to ignore them.

I was already the new girl, "the odd one out," besides the new group of naive freshmen, and drama wouldn't contribute in my case. I needed to make a good impression on these people, or else they might have thought of me differently from then on.

Judging from what happened between Wade and I, sadly, I wasn't off to a good start.

The chime of the bell rang throughout the whole school, indicating the start of the fourth period to which I sighed. Willow turned towards me with a small smile and a reassuring touch on my arm, before exiting the classroom with everyone.

Despite how worried I felt about the situation with Wade, it didn't help that the new semester began that day as well which meant that I had to find my way to all these different classes. Carrying my notebook in one hand, I absentmindedly rummaged through my backpack for my new timetable.

Although it was a month since I was at my new school, it was still difficult for me to find my way around the building. I was already used to mindlessly walking to the same four classes that I had

After making my way down the school hallways, I grabbed the small sheet of paper that listed all of my new classes for the second semester of the year.