xxii| De Nocte

"Do that thing we'd never do sober."

vigintiduo

vigintiduo.

de nocte

Spending the evening away from one's usual residence.

════════

THERE WERE OFFICIALLY TWO WEEKS BEFORE THE EASTER HOLIDAYS HIT.

Easter was when revision was the only thing on the minds of almost everyone in our sixth form. With few exceptions, our sixth form, and Year 13 in particular, had incredibly studious and determined people. This meant that not only did we genuinely focus in class and care for our education, but we all had incredibly high requirements to meet in order to get into university. Easter was the time where everyone cracked down on their studies.

With two weeks left, most of us only had two weeks to enjoy ourselves before we were consumed with nerves, anxiety and, most importantly, revision. Due to this time limit, Audrey suggested that all of us go to her house and have one last sleepover before exams started.

And that's where we were.

"Beers for everyone," Audrey announced as she placed an eight pack of beer on her bedroom desk.

All of us were scattered around her room, doing something on our phones. I was sat on her floor, leaning against her bedroom wall texting Chase.

Don't drink recklessly
- Chase

When do I ever do anything recklessly?
- Lise

Come to mine and we can be reckless together 😏
- Chase

Chase's house, unlike mine, happened to be a ten minute walk, or five minute drive, from Audrey's. Most people in my school lived in the same area as each other, with the biggest distance between my other friends being a twenty minute walk. I moved houses from the school area when I was in year 7; I had made too many close friends to move schools completely and would rather have travelled every day than go somewhere else. I never regretted that decision but I did hate the fact that I missed out on so much because of how far I was and how much travelling I had to do.

Ever since I told Chase that I was sleeping over at Audrey's house, he had been pestering me to sneak out and spend the night at his instead, even offering to pick me up.

I told him I spend too much time around him and so Chase proceeded to slip a few dirty jokes and comments in between our conversation in order to annoy me.