xxx| Revelare

"I don't mind your shadows because they look a lot like mine."

triginta

triginta.

revelare

Make previously unknown information known to others.

════════

"ARE YOU GOING TO TAKE A SHOT OR NOT?" REECE ASKED FROM BEHIND THE BAR.

He stood impatiently with the bottle of tequila in his right hand, an empty shot glass placed directly in front of me.

"Yeah because that's what I came to do on a Wednesday afternoon. Take shots," I said sarcastically to the boy who stood in annoyance in front of me.

"Well why are you here then?" He asked, a small grin appearing on his face as he waited for me to boost his ego.

"For the empty chairs and the crappy music," I muttered.

"You really can't just compliment me, can you?" Reece asked, placing the bottle of tequila down onto the wooden bar and pulling up a seat so we were sitting directly in front of one another. "Just tell me you're here for my brilliant and amazing company and I'll give you a free shot," he continued.

"Why are you so obsessed with me taking a shot?" I asked, finally a slight smile appearing on my face as I appreciated his relentless efforts. If he was anything, he was persistent.

"Two reasons," he began, taking a breath. "Firstly, I want to see you drunk because I'm pretty sure you'd be so damn fun when you're drunk. But mostly because I've been working this past week and I've barely poured anything."

"Then pour yourself a damn shot," I suggested.

"That's no fun!" He whined, the childish side of his appearing.

"Such a travesty that your business is falling to pieces," I responded sarcastically.

Reece cracked a smile, "I'm glad it is. I've been working all year and if the impact of that is actually damaging the business instead of learning from my mistakes as I was supposed to, maybe my dad will disown me as heir to these crappy bar businesses."

"Such a tasteful business your father chose," I noted.

"It's a great one; free alcohol almost wherever I go? Heaven on Earth."

I shrugged, not responding to anything. I placed my elbow on the bar table and rested my chin on the palm of my hand, my eyes skimming past the various types of alcohol and drinks that were patterned across the back, in the fridges, on the walls, shelves and tables. I took a deep breath in, trying to focus on the array of colours instead of anything else, hoping it would ease my mind.