Chapter 1

I am sitting in my first lecture of the day trying to type as fast as I can on my MacBook. Unfortunately, not fast enough.

It doesn't help that my best friend Tory is trying to describe to me the oh-so-amazing sex she had last night while I'm trying to focus on brain science. I would think she would want to take notes as well to not fail the upcoming test but I guess not.

"So he whips the thing out and it's this little itty-bitty thing so I was like damn this is gonna suck. Although he actually knew what he was doing so I was decently surprised," she rambled on.

"Do you mind," some guy behind us whispered in irritation.

"Fuck off," Tory whispered back.

Meanwhile I took my focus off of my notes for one second to turn around and whisper, "mind your own business," then turn back around. My focus goes directly back to the professor as drones on about the basics of neurons.

"Like he wasn't the worst but he definitely wasn't the best. I think my best so far has been Alex but then he turned into a crackhead," she stated as she scrolled through her Instagram feed.

"Seriously??" The one guy whispered to us again.

"Nobody was talking to you," Tori whispered as I whispered, "shut the fuck up."

Throughout the rest of the lecture I finished my notes then the professor dismissed us for he day.

"Kaitlyn we are going to a party tonight," Tory demanded.

"You mean YOU are going to a party tonight," I said as I continued to walk to the parking lot.

"No I meant I am going with the company of you," she smiled cheekily.

"Tory, I have so many testes coming up I don't have enough time to be going to parties."

"Kaitlyn. You need to let loose. Just come with me and if you get bored after an hour then we can go home I promise," she begged.

"I get off of work at 10, then we can go."

"YESSSS!! Yes, yes!!!! I love you Kaitlyn, you won't regret this," she screamed as she ran to her car.

I sighed to myself as I unlocked my passenger door of my car. Why do I have a feeling I will regret this?

I made sure my sunglasses were still in my passenger glove box and maybe if I was lucky I'd find the pack of gum I lost six months ago.

Closing my passenger door of my crappy car I walk over to the drivers side and step in. I put my keys into the ignition and with my luck the car wouldn't start.

Opening the door begrudgingly I went and opened the hood. This frickin car has given me so many headaches that I'm considering just using the bus from now on. Wanna know why? Cause I'm over this shit and too broke to fix it cause I had to but that damn fancy laptop.

I look at everything under the hood like I knew how to fix it. Hint: I don't.

After twenty minutes of bending over and looking to see if anything was loose or disconnected I gave up and slammed the hood.

"Piece of shit," I grumble kicking the tire.

"Woah there princess, that's not very nice," I hear a charming voice say behind me. I turn around to see a Greek God standing right behind me. The man was way taller than me and fit. He had beautiful green eyes and chocolate brown hair. You can tell he didn't shave that morning because he was rocking a five o'clock shadow.