Chapter 2

The music around me was blaring in my ears as I walk into the club that was on the sketchy side of town. To say I really didn't want to be here was an understatement. But today was pretty long and my boy Jack Daniels can fix that.

Right after we walked in Tory already left me to go party it up with some good looking guy. Just great!

I guess I'll just hang out at the bar. Walking to the bar is hard in these heels I'm tempted to already take them off.

I sit on a bar stool and order a shot of tequila. The image of familiar green eyes roam into my thoughts. I don't know why exactly but I just can't get them out of my mind.

Suddenly there are large hands on my hips.

The words, "how about I get you a drink," are spoken into my ear.

"No thank you," I say removing his hands from my hips. I was secretly wishing he was someone else.

The man walks away rejected but resilient since he was onto the next girl.

"Does that happen a lot," I hear a silky, warm voice speak out from beside me.

I turn to the young, handsome man who had a kind aura around him. To be honest, this did happen a lot at the bar while I'm working. But if I said it did would I seem self-centered? Oh well.

"I work as a bartender, so there will always be some guys who slip me there number," I look away embarrassed feeling as though it did come out a bit narcissistic.

"Of course, they would. You are indeed a lovely lady," he complimented.

"Thank you," my cheeks are getting so flushed i don't believe they can get even redder.

"How about I can buy you a drink, I'm a genuine guy I promise," he chuckles and his permanent smile still never leaving his face.

"I'll be the judge of that," I smile back.

I'm not one to flirt, nor do I claim to be good at it. This is so new to me I feel my nerves getting to me.

He tells the bartender to get me another drink and to put it on his bill. His smile is like glued to his face I swear. His teeth are perfectly straight and impossibly white. He puts the people in the Colgate commercials to shame. And also makes me feel envious.

"Do you ever stop smiling?" I ask, astonished. The words slipped out of my mouth and when I realized how blunt they were I cover my mouth with my hand.

"Not around a beautiful woman," he retorts.

Remember when I said my cheeks couldn't get more red? Yeah, well I guess I lied.

"I still don't even know your name, mystery man."

"Jeremiah," he reaches his palm out.

"Kaitlyn," I connect my palm with his.

We start a pleasant conversation and I realized talking to him never got old.

I check the time on my phone to realize how late it is.

"Holy shit! It's been two hours!" I laugh with surprise. After all this time of talking to Jeremiah, I drank an adequate amount and now I'm a bit tipsy.

"Kaitlyn!! Oh my god, this is Mike and I'm going home with him so you can drive my car back to the dorms!" Tory screamed over the music and the Mike guy looked like a damn vampire as he sucked the life out of her neck. What a gentleman....

"Okay sure thing," I smile at her then beg, "please be careful."

"Always am, and I'm not worried about you, looks like you are in good hands," she winks.