The Beginning 02

Since Ray was helping me train for my new job, I knew we would be spending a lot of time together. He showed me how to do everything. It was hard to comprehend everything that he taught me.

"Hey Ray, can I ask you something?" I asked waiting for his response.

"Yeah.. sure what is it?" He asked me.

"Do you have work tomorrow?" I asked playing with my change in my pocket.

"Yes ma'am I do. Why you want me to train you tomorrow?" He asked as he gave me a smirk.

"I.. Umm.. yeah I do," I said as I stuttered.

"Well I'll see you tomorrow at five," he said as he clocked out for work.

"Yeah see you then," I said as I let out a sigh.

He is so perfect, I just don't know what to say to him. I'm scared I'm going to say the wrong thing around him. But tomorrow is a new day. Maybe I will gain up enough courage.

It was a normal day after work just like every other day. I went home, took a shower, and went to bed. But tomorrow is Saturday, so I don't have school. I laid down in bed, as my mind slowly drifted off into a deep sleep, while I thought about him.

*Ray's Point Of View*

I woke up that next morning after a long day of work. The new girl seemed sweet and all, but she never said much. Maybe I should make the first move instead of her making it? Maybe she was shy. She was beautiful after all, but I wish I could hear her voice more often.

I got out of bed and went to go find some food before work. I live with my Aunt at the moment and she don't exactly take care of us. So I got me a job to take care of myself, but I have always taken care of myself. I'm 17 after all. So for me, when payday comes it is the best day, until the next one. I go buy myself food and things I need with it. I don't have a car either, so I'm having to ride a bike back and forth to work, which I don't mind. I found myself something to eat, so I went and took a shower before I had work. I got ready and jumped on my bike and headed off for work.

When I arrived, I did not see Lexi's car yet, so I went ahead and clocked in for the night shift. I always tried to get to work early. Lexi arrived five minutes after I clocked in. When she walked through the door, all eyes were on her, even mine. She had her normal uniform on as usual. But as my eyes went up her body, I noticed she fixed her hair and put on some make up. Her hair was in a high ponytail with big perfect curls, and she had the perfect shade of eyeshadow to bring out her bright green eyes. She looked amazing, even in her work uniform.

"Y-y-you look amazing," I said admiring her.

"It's just a little bit of makeup but thank you Ray," Lexi said clocking in for work.

"I was not talking about your makeup. I was talking about you. And your hair looks great!" I said watching her count her money for work.

"Thank you Ray. It means a lot coming from you," Lexi said as she looked up at me.

"It should mean something," I said winking at her, as I grabbed the first ticket.

I grabbed the tray and brought the customer their food. Lexi grabbed another tray and followed me out. We both came back inside and set our trays down.

"So that boyfriend of yours, how is he treating you?" I asked.

"What boyfriend? I caught him cheating on me so I broke up with him. He wasn't any good anyways." She said as she giggled.

She was single now and I wanted to make her all mine.

"Are you looking for another relationship any time soon?" I asked her.

She thought about it for a moment.

"Would my next relationship be better than the last?" Lexi asked with a smile on her face.

"I can promise you it won't be any worse than your last," I said as I grabbed another tray and headed for the door.

I thought to myself as I walked back inside. Was her last relationship that bad? I wanted to fix her heart, not break it. But how could someone break a pretty girls heart like that? I wrote down my number for her and gave it to her.

"Here, take this. If you ever need a friend I will be here for you. I'm just a call away," I said waiting for her response.

"Thank you. I'm sure I could use it," Lexi said as she took the number from me.

Lexi and I just looked at each other and giggled the whole time we were at work. We barely said a word to each other but, our eyes said it all. Later on, we began to clean up our spots and get ready to go home. I waited until Lexi left, to leave on my bike. The only thing I have right now is the way people look at me. I don't want someone like her, to judge me for what I don't have or I do have. She seems genuine so she probably would not. But these days you never know.

After 45 minutes of riding on my bike, which was only about a 10 minute drive, I made it home. I have a troubled past but, that will be another story for another day. I lived the poor life with two other people in the house. I was the only one with a steady job at the moment. So I grabbed a cold bath and went to my room I had their. I was waiting for Lexi to call me.

*Lexi's Point Of View*

I was just now getting out of the shower, as I grabbed a drink and headed for bed. I had saved Ray's number the moment he gave it to me. I laid in bed and I called him. We talked about everything and soon we were comfortable with each other. We asked questions about our likes, dislikes, pet peeves, and anything else we could think of. We both wanted to get to know each other. So we made a plan to come to my house and hang out.

Today was Sunday, and neither one of us had work. So we chose that day to get to know one another. I asked my parents and they said it was okay if he came over. I went and picked him up and when I did, he was only like two blocks over from where I lived. I would of never knew that he lived so close to me.

I arrived at the address he gave me and he soon walked out the front door. Ray had on a dark red t-shirt and a pair of sweatpants, with very nice red shoes on. He had a red bull's hat on and a gold necklace around his neck. The house was a dark green house with a big live oak tree in the front yard. But my eyes were all on him. He had great posture and just such confidence about him. I was glad that I met him.

***
Thank you so much for reading my story! Please vote and comment. xo