75 The Scroll (2)

Feeling a hand grab his sleeves, General Tang looked back at Wu Xingxie. Then, he saw her hand him a scroll, causing him to furrow his brows.

"What is the meaning of this?" He questioned as he couldn't understand why the young lady who was probably the daughter of one of the officials was giving him a scroll.

"You'll understand when you read it." Wu Xingxie insisted and let go of him.

Despite the confusion, General Tang accepted the scroll before leaving the room.

He had been serving in the military since he was a teenager so he was aware of many schemes and tricks in the palace. In his whole life, he had never known anyone so ruthless to replace salt into an addictive drug to possibly kill those in the palace. Whoever was behind this would have to pay for doing this!

After he left, Wu Xingxie sat on the bed with a poker face. The whole room was silent and Yuyan didn't know what her Eldest Miss was thinking. Then again, she became so unpredictable since the day she fell asleep in the bath.

"Yuyan," Wu Xingxie called softly.

"Do you think this plan was too much?" She asked the younger girl.

Yuyan was startled by the sudden question but replied honestly,
"If Eldest Miss wishes to carry out a plan, I will certainly help. However, in my opinion, you shouldn't have to hurt yourself. It makes me
worried!"

Wu Xingxie smiled gently, knowing that Yuyan cared about her sincerely.

"I agree. However, in this world, if you play the victim, no one will point the crime back to you." She stated before standing up to take off her dirty clothes. Luckily, she wore extra layers so only two layers had to be removed.

"Eldest Miss, what was in the scroll gave General Tang?" Yuyan couldn't help but ask.

Wu Xingxie gave a mysterious smile,
"You'll know when the day comes."

Actually, Wu Xingxie planned to only drug herself to frame one of Wu Dingxiang's allies. Who would have thought everyone's food was drugged? She had to take advantage of the situation. Whoever was responsible for drugging the other guests ended up helping her even more.

A few minutes passed and a doctor entered the room.

"Wu Eldest Miss?" The old man called as he walked with his supplies in hand.

Once Wu Xingxie saw the old man, her eyes enlarged as if she saw a ghost. However, she quickly composed herself and acted like she was in pain.

"Doctor, you have to save my Eldest Miss. General Tang removed the drug but he said she'll be in pain." Yuyan put on a pitiful look.

The doctor had never met Wu Xingxie but he was told she was General Wu's daughter. When he saw she was still wearing the veil even though it was dirty, he looked at Yuyan.

"Can you ask her to remove it?" He felt it was inappropriate for him to touch her face so he asked a female instead.

Wu Xingxie took off the veil because she knew who he was already.

"Miss, I am going to take your pulse and examine your face." The old doctor took out a cloth and placed it over her wrist. Positioning his fingers over her wrists, he felt her pulse and sighed in relief.

"What's wrong?" Yuyan blurted with concern.

"Miss, luckily General Tang was here otherwise the drug might have spread further. I will give you medicine to relieve the pain but you must rest well." He described before going through his supplies to find the medicine.

The old doctor was called Wan Yu, in his mid-forties. He had studied medicine for a long time so he was more experienced than the young doctors working in the palace. Before joining the palace, he volunteered in many places even outside the empire. Wan Yu had met many sorts of people.

Wu Xingxie's appearance was one that could destroy a nation if men saw her. He understood why she covered her face. It wasn't because of her insecurities or scars, she was aware of her powerful visuals.

Most women who were born with godly looks would use it as a weapon or to get what they desired but she was different.

"Miss, you are wise. If the emperor saw your face, he would have taken you as a concubine."
He confessed because he knew what type of beauties the emperor favored the most.

Despite serving in the palace, he was not fond of the royal family nor their power struggles. He only joined because he wanted to settle down but wanted to continue helping others.

Wu Xingxie glanced at the old man. She glanced at Yuyan to help her get up.

Wan Yu was confused by her actions so when he saw her trying to bow, he quickly stopped her.

"Wu Eldest Miss, what are you doing?!"

Still, Wu Xingxie didn't stop and greeted him formally.

"Legendary Doctor, I am honored to be treated by you."

Wan Yu's eyes nearly popped when he heard her call him that. It had been nearly a decade since he was called that title.

When Wu Xingxie studied medicine in her past life, Wan Yu had always been the person she looked up to most. She admired his achievements and the fact that he would save anyone regardless of their background.

On the other hand, Yuyan had no knowledge of who he was so when she saw Wu Xingxie bow, she bowed too. The man had to be someone really important if she was willing to greet him first.

"That's enough." He told the girls to get up before taking a seat himself.

How Wu Xingxie knew his long forgotten title was something he didn't care but why she seemed so excited.

"Wu Eldest Miss, you are from the founding clans. I should be greeting you rather."

Wu Xingxie shook her head, telling him that wasn't the case.

"Legendary Doctor, I have always wanted to meet you!" Wu Xingxie admitted since she had finally met the person who she respected most.

In her past life, she never entered the palace so she didn't know he worked there. The reason she recognized him was because of his birthmark on his ear.

She'd read several books about him so she knew he was Wan Yu after seeing the red birthmark. The doctor who was said to bring the dead back to life, Wan Yu!

*****
We hit 500k reads, thank you guys so much!
It means a lot to me that my book is being recognized. I love you all so much!
😘😘😘😘😘
If we reach 1 million reads one day, I'll do a face reveal. How does that sound?