Epilogue

Four Years Later

S O P H I E W I L K I N S

"Wow, I can't believe it's already December, and we're seniors once again," I sigh, hand in hand with Andrew. The thought of being halfway through our last year of college was mind-boggling.

We stroll peacefully down the stone pavement as we breathe in the cool winter air.

"I know. These past couple of years have flown by pretty quickly," Andrew agrees. I turn my head to the side and observe Andrew as he scans the building on our left. An evocative memory rolls in, making me chuckle under my breath.

After we had told Bree that Andrew and I were back together, this time stronger than ever, she had a "friendly" chat with him.

"Andrew, can I speak to you for a second?" Bree said with a friendly smile, but her eyes spoke the opposite. Andrew dropped my hand and walked over to Bree. She turned around and yanked him down to her level, gripping on the collar of his jacket. She tried her best to be as quiet as possible, but I heard every word of their conversation.

"If you break Sophie's heart again, so help me, I will break you," Bree growls, putting emphasis on the second 'break.'

Andrew's eyes widened and he nodded violently. "Yes, ma'am," he saluted.

"Good," Bree smiled widely, tone immediately turning peppy. She pats his head before releasing her grip, and they spin back around towards me in unison.

I gave Bree a knowing look, but she just shrugged and smiled as if she didn't just threaten to hurt Andrew. I rolled my eyes, shaking my head at the same time, as a quiet laugh emitted from my mouth.

Andrew suddenly leaned down and gave me a hug. Then, his real intention spilled out of his mouth.

"She's crazy," he whispered in my ear, his breath fanning on my earlobe. My body briskly shuttered, but I quickly recovered and pushed him away, playfully hitting his chest.

"What are you laughing about, Shortcake?" Andrew asks with a puzzled expression, snatching me away from memory lane. He brings our intertwined hands to his lips and lays grazes my knuckles with soft kisses, causing my cheeks to heat up from the simple gesture.

"Oh, nothing. Just...reminiscing on our 'ol high school days." Our hands begin to swing back and forth, and he chuckles also, bopping his head slightly.

"Those were some pretty damn climactic times," he agrees.

A N D R E W D A L T O N

"Yup. I guess some things never change," Shortcake sighs with a smile. She looks off into the distance, and I follow her gaze. Standing under a tree, a few girls giggle and whisper as they stare at the both of us. I guess everyone knows who you are, and who you're dating when you're the quarterback of the football team.

Even though I had originally planned on opening my own car company, a few scouts had seen me play during one of my games and suggested that I enter the NFL draft. Fortunately, I got in and was offered a spot on the L.A. Rams when the school year is over. Jacob was also scouted out while we were playing for UCLA and was offered a similar deal.