~Chapter 9~

Nandini's POV

It was already night when I looked at my phone which was laying silent. No calls... No messages.! From him.

It's not I didn't know what I said. I did know and I am so guilty. I called him and messaged him the whole day. He didn't pick it up nor replied. Just once his phone got answered only when his secretary picked it up saying he was in recording studio.

I did realised my mistake as I uttered that horrible statement. What was I even thinking?

I will tell you what I was thinking. I was not thinking straight. All I could see was to remember the nightmare I saw the previous night.

Neel on death bed with his photo placed there. Garland tucked perfectly around it's frame and I was so helpless. My son was smiling in the photograph and I was crying. I shut open my eyes when I felt it was just a nightmare. I had ran to my children room in the middle of the night just to see both of them safe and sound sleeping peacefully.

I had sat there watching over them without even closing my eye. What if I close my eyes and they disappear? Everytime when I watch my child, my son all I see him is saying good bye to me. Although he was with me, near me that is because I don't want him to even go a little away from me.

Am I wrong thinking that way? Should I not be even bother about my kid's health. I know he is equal parent he must be going through the same pain that I am going through but it just....

How do I even make myself or him understand that what I am feeling. How I am feeling? All that I am thinking is how to save him.

When I came here Amms told me to take him to someone who she believes that will cure him in just pinch of a second. And the mother in me almost agreed to take him to that person because all I want him to be okay. But Cabir Jiju knocked some sense back into my mind that no one other than medical treatments will cure him.

"Bade Nani.... Raj... Rajtumari..." I heard Mahi saying with such amusement in her voice. I turned to see them still settled in Amms lap as they heard the story that was Amms telling them. Since the time they have come here, they all are really happy including my kids. Generally I don't visit much here because they have school and I have to look after to a lot of things in my house. But this time I just needed some time to think. What to do and what not to.

Mahi and Neel enjoyed the extra pampering along with Abeer. Abeer who was a brat too. Mahi just got another partner in crime. They made the whole house upside down.

Neel had been queit. He knew he cannot run so he played video games with Abeer or did drawing or played Rubik's Cube.

"Rajkumari beta" Amms corrected and Mahi nodded understing. This girl and her fascination towards fairytales. I smiled at both my kids who were queitly listening to the story.

I leaned on the window pane and looked at my phone again. I pouted mentally and called him again. How much he will ignore?

It rang and rang and rang and then sudden silence.

"Hello..." His voice rang into my ears and I took a sigh of breath. Finally!

"Hello Manik..." I spoke and fell silent. What should I speak? Maybe sorry... But directly? Where he must be? Wasn't he missing kids? Missing me? Maybe... I hardly think he miss me today.

"Hmm..." Such reply from him. I can't even roll my eyes.

"Kaha ho?" I asked the safest question.

"Just came home. Kaam tha kuch?" He replied curtly.

Just came ka kya matlab hai? I watched the clock it was almost ten in night. Does this man ever sees the watch when he's working?