Chapter 10

Grinning happily after a near forty rounds of poker, you flapped the pleather jackets sleeves. “Thorn! Your jackets really huge!” You yelled clapping your covered hands together amusedly as the group of pirates that crowded around to watch laughed smacking their comrades shoulders. “Dear god how can you lose to a toddler!?” One yelled pointing at you as another held his stomach. “And not to mention you just taught her how to play!” He yelled as you looked at Jacob as he finished tying his boots on to your feet while grumbling to himself about his loss. “Yo Pete cough up your bandana! Kitten here won it in that last round!” Thorn yelled making the bushy bearded man roll his eyes as he took his bandana off. “Yeah yeah I know god damnit! Fuck man, how'd this turn into strip poker?” Pete growled tying the (F/C) bandana on your head. Tilting your head curiously “What's strip poker? Can I play that game too?” You asked making both Thorn and Pete turn to you sharply “Hell no!” They both yelled making you flinch at their yelling, pouting at them until Jacob dropped a slightly heavy bag onto your lap. “No need to pout kitten. When we hit the next island you get to go on one hell of a major shopping spree.” He smirked making you look up at him curiously with a small smile when one of the doors leading below deck opened. “What's going on out here?” Heat asked looking at the group of pirates in the corner when you broke from the group and ran towards him. “Big brother! Look what I won at poker!” You squealed colliding into his leg and making everyone on deck freeze. Letting your tail flick from side to side happily you cuddled Heats leg as the said blue-ette looked at you in slight shock. “W-what do you mean by that little one?” Heat asked making you look up at him with a cute smile on your face. “You saved me from the meen man when I was in that cage! Just like a big brother would!” You chirped rubbing your cheek on his knee. Humming as he stared at you Heat bent down to lightly pet your head causing you to purr just as an explosion in the water shook the ship. Screaming you held onto Heats leg as more explosions rocked the ship. Hearing a door slam open from across the deck “FUCKING HELL CANT I GET AN HOUR OF PEACE?!” Kid yelled glaring at everyone on deck just as a cannonball barely missed the mast. “Shit are we fucking under attack? Everyone on deck now and prepare for a fight!” Kid ordered as another pirate ship came into view. Picking you up and quickly sprinting to the medical wing Heat slammed the door open. “Another pirate crew is attacking the ship, keep the girl safe and get below deck.” Heat ordered making Arvid swivel around on his stool in surprise. “Fuck no, I don't want to babysit! Hide her in your room!” He yelled making you blink at the two as you were put down. “There's no argument you're going to watch the girl until the battles over.” Heat growled turning on his heel to join the battle on deck. Turning to the fur wearing man as he pulled out a pistol you tilted your head. “Hey girly get over here, there's a hidden room behind this cabinet.” Arvid said moving a large medicine shelf to reveal a small room hidden inside the wall, ushering you inside Arvid crouched down next to you keeping the cabinet open just enough to see the door. “Hey Arvid, why are we hiding?” You asked making the doctor hush you sharply. “We're hiding because I'm the ships only doctor and your just a freakish kid. You'd get in the way and if I die who's going to take care of the crew?” Arvid hissed cocking the pistol when a foreign pirate broke through the door. Jumping back in fright you covered your mouth as the room started being torn apart. Feeling you shake next to him the fur favoring man tsking dropping his coat to cover you. “It's going to be okay. Just close your eyes and cover your ears, got it girly?” Arvid whispered moving his coat up to cover the to of your head. Nodding you did as he said and jumped when you heard several gunshots then felt the orange haired doctor leave your side. Sitting there as loud shouting, crashing, and shattering sounds tore through the room you peeked an eye open and gasped when you saw Avids beaten and bloody back facing you. “Oh look they kept a little surprise in here!” A stranger hollard grabbing your ankle and dragged you out of your hiding place. Screaming you wiggled around trying to break free from the strangers grasp. “The fuck is she, a devil fruit user? Are these even real?” He asked holding you upside down to his crewmen as he pulled and tugged on your ears and tail. Screaming and crying in pain you started thrashing more making the parties around you take a step back. “Shit she's actually a kid! What the fuck is she doing with the Kid Pirates?” One asked as another yelled for the guy holding you to get you to calm down. “Shit, shit, shit make her stop crying! Or’ll the others will come looking!” Jumping before flipping you upright and putting you down, you stood there screaming letting both Arvid's and Thorns jackets fall to the ground as the three strangers scrambled to calm you down. Before your wrists were tied together, blinking back your tears you looked at your wrists confusedly as the foreign pirates sighed. “Fuck let's get this girl on deck and use her as a hostage.” One said picking you up and headed to the deck with you still hiccuping. Slamming the door open and stepping out onto the deck. “Everybody freeze or this weird cat girl gets thrown in the ocean!” The guy holding you said holding you up by the back of your shirt. Looking at everyone on deck you whimpered seeing a very pissed looking Kid as he sent a large ball of weapons hurtling at the enemy pirates.