CHAPTER 2 - SHARING IS CARING

- Alina -

“Are you sure you want to do this?” My father asked hoarsely, his healing body much better than the last time I visited.

I nodded and squeezed his hand, “I’m not going to marry someone who does illegal things behind my back dad. It’s all my fault, if only I paid more attention to what he was doing, you wouldn’t be-”

“Shh… Stop blaming yourself my Princess. It was Connor’s choice to do what he did, I happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time,” my father coaxed and wiped away the stray tear that rolled down my cheek.

I sniffed and took a deep breath, “I’m sure about this dad, I won’t marry him. A man involved with the mafia only spells trouble. I will never marry someone who has relations with those illegal gangs. I’ve lost mum to them, I won’t lose you too.”

He sighed and I bent over for him to press a kiss on my forehead, “Alright then, stop crying now. You still have a holiday to escape to.”

“I can’t leave you here dad, come on. Besides, there is no honeymoon for just one person.”

“This is an order from your old man, go on a nice holiday before coming back to take the burden of the company from my shoulders. I’ll be waiting for you.”

“But dad I-”

“Go now, have fun.”

I shifted in my bed, the soft sheets pulling me out from my last meeting with my father at the hospital.

"Sleeping Beauty is finally awake," a deep yet familiar baritone rang across the space and my eyes flew wide open.

The bright Hawaiian sun flashed in my eyes and I pulled the sheets over my head to shield the harmful rays.

I checked my body and realised my clothes were changed.

Fucking damn it.

I sat upright, glaring at the hot man standing at the floor to ceiling window, overlooking the gorgeous beach and endless blue sea.

His brows shot up, "What? No thank you?"

"What the heck did you do to me?!" I nearly screamed and he eyed me.

"I didn't do anything to you. In fact you were the one doing everything."

"What the fuck does that mean?" A serious full fledged headache was sitting on the edge of its seat, ready to attack me at full force.

He sighed and walked over to me, my mouth going dry at the sight of him.

He wore a black polka dotted shirt, sleeves rolled up to his elbows with a pair of khaki bermudas. The top few buttons of his shirt were undone and a strange urge to touch his chest invaded me.

Simple never looked this sexy.

Mr Knight leaned over me, making me recline backwards as his lips came a mere inch away from mine.

His masculine scent masked every other smell in my mind and I felt woozy.

He smirked and my cheeks heated up, what the hell did he want?

He reached over to the bedside table and picked up a glass of water and two pills. Aspirin.

"Here," he handed the glass to me and dropped the pills onto my open palm.

I stared blankly at the fucking sexy beast for a while longer and threw the pills into my mouth, gulping it down with the water.

"You've not answered me," I reminded him as he leisurely left me alone in his room.