ch16

ELIZABETH'S POV

What's going on?"
"Oh my god."

All i hear are hushed whispers as i walk down the hall with Scott. I smile and greet people as we walk whereas he keeps his head down.

I look up at him confused when we reach an empty hallway. Why are you being so quiet?" i ask.

"I don't know if you've realized but we're very different. You're the fun popular girl and i'm the introverted loner guy."

I stop walking and fold my arms. "The introverted loner guy?" he nods his head. I laugh before leaning in a little. "I wouldn't call you much of a loner" i whisper before moving closer and connecting my lips to his at the speed of lightning.

There's just something so calming about him. Something i've always admired.

I pull away with a frown. "Why are you so tense. Relax." i draw out before throwing my hair over my shoulder and walking off down the hall. He rushes to catch up with me.

He turn me around and leans in a little. I give him a small grin stepping to the side and pushing a classroom door open. "Sorry babe but this is my class. Guess that'll have to wait till later. Shame." i tut before letting the door close on my smirking face.

I watch as the door closes, a small smile on my lips, before i walk to my usual seat.

As i sit, i feel eyes on me. I turn slightly and notice Tessa looking at me with narrow eyes. I return a confused gaze before facing the front.

We get our tests back. I glance at my 90%. I turn around to see other people's reactions, congratulating some of my cheer friends o their B's. I watch as Tessa looks over peoples shoulders to see if anybody beat her. I watch as she looks at my test and gives a smug smile. She places her test on her table. 96%.

Soon the bell rings for the end of the class

Soon the bell rings for the end of the class. I pack my bag and turn to leave the room, being stopped by Tessa.

"I'd like a few words." she announces with a bored expression. I open my mouth to speak. "Fine."

She gives me a triumphant look before turning to walk out of the room. I follow her out to a quiet hallway.

"What did you want to talk about?" i ask.

"I need you to stay away from Scott."
"Why?" i ask with sudden concern.
"I just think it would be a shame, you know? For you to lose your title because of the biggest loser in school. Or, soon to be the biggest loser, if he keeps this up."

I glare at her. "Listen Tessa. You can say what you want. You can do your absolute worst. But Scott and i? I think we can take you."

She scoffs. "Do you hear yourself? You sound ridiculous." she takes a step closer. "Try. Me."
Just then Scott rounds the corner spotting me. Then he sees Tessa and his eyes narrow.

"Tessa, i think it's time you back off." i say glaring at her. Tessa looks at me. "Wow Lizzy, i never thought i'd see the day. I gave you so many chances to be the best and you just threw them all out of the window. What, to be friends with this?" she spits out at me, pointing at Scott. "Really bad choice Lizzy."

I take a step towards her, fire in my eyes. "Tessa, you have tried me one too many times. First it's choosing who my friends are, then it's choosing who my boyfriends are. What would it have been next, huh?" i yell before taking a deep breath.

"Oh and a quick btw." i say with a calm voice, taking another step forwards and leaning towards Tessa. "Only my friends can call me Lizzy."

Tessa looks at me furiously. "You thought that you could take over for me? Think again." she says. I laugh.

I wouldn't want to be you Tessa. You're a bitch." Tessa glares at me. "By all means, keep your title. I don't want it. I already have what i want." i take a few steps back and pull Scott towards me, giving him a quick kiss. I grin and look back at Tessa who's arms are crossed.

"Wow Elizabeth. You have just ruined your own life. I didn't even have to do it myself." she laughs. A couple of people enter the hallway. We all turn in the direction of the people. Tessa turns back to look at us.

"Well this has been fun. But i best be going now. Cant have anyone seeing me talking to you losers." She rolls her eyes, "I have a reputation of being the queen of this school and i will not let you tarnish it." she announces before taking off down the hall.

I turn to look at Scott. "She is such a bitch." i mutter. He nods in agreement. "I dont think there is a heart anywhere in that body of hers." he replies and i laugh.

"Let's get to class." i say before dragging him down the hall behind me.