Chapter 9/I am a Monster

⭐️Remember to VOTE and COMMENT!⭐️

"It's okay Elizabeth. Everything will be alright." Mrs.Ladova rubs my shoulder trying to make me calm.

I swat the hand away. "No! Nothing is okay! Nothing. I'm not okay! I just want to die!" I say while starting to cry. I mean what I say. I want to die.

"Let's get you back to the castle."

I shake my head. "No, not after what I did. I could hurt somebody else. I don't want to do this anymore." I pull my legs to my face trying to stop looking at what I did.

"Don't worry. The full moon is over. You're fine."

I look up at her with my red tear stained face. "It won't get any easier for me."

"Why not?"

"Because I am a monster."

Two hours ago

I head outside. Finally I can go into the sunlight without dying. Except the sun it going down already. Soon it will be pitch black.

To my right vampires are checking out their fast running. Then werewolves are fighting about something on the other side.

"Hi." I look behind me.

"Okay which one is it now. Jonah or Caleb?"

"You met my other brother? Caleb?"

"So this is Jonah?" He nods.

"I wish I could be another person so people don't have to ask which one of us it is. Caleb always try's to get me in trouble."

"Well technically because you're a shape-shifter you can do just that! Change into somebody else."

"Well yeah. But that means I have to steal somebody's identity. I want to be my own person. That will never happen." He looks sad. "But anyway. How's it going? I know you were missing for a week and now your back."

"Yep." He doesn't ask why. I guess he knows everybody else asked that and he thinks I want a break from that. "And now I'm back. Good thing too because I didn't have blood for a week and you could guess how that would go if I didn't have blood for one more day." He nods.

I stop walking for a second and touch my head. Shooting pains go through my brain.

"What's happening?"

"I don't know. Probably just some sort of migraine. Not the biggest problem I have had." I smile and we keep walking."What did you do this week?"

"I got some of the other shape-shifters names. There are so many. One girl that's a third year is really nice. Her name is Caelia. She taught my brother a few trick about being a shape-shifter. She said she would teach me too but I said no thanks. I wanted to learn at the right time."

"Hey Jonah! You have to come with me remember? We had that thing we needed to do?" I look behind me and see an older boy coming towards us.

"Oh right! I totally forgot! Derek wanted us to hand out those papers about something."

"What's the something."

"Never you mind." The older kid says glaring at me. "Come on Jonah." He starts running.

"Bye Beth! See you some other time! Probably tomorrow." I nod and keep walking the other way.

When Derek said he was going to 'spread the word' I never thought by putting papers under the doors or something.

Sooner than later I realize that I have walked way more than I anticipated. I am about to cross the line between the castle and normal land. I see the cave ahead that I was a wolf in for a week.