Chapter 24/New School

UNedited!

I HOPE YOU LIKE THE CHAP AND REMEMBER TO VOTE!

As Jason said he was waiting for me outside.

I decided to wear a nice dress that one of the wolves at the pack house said I could wear. It's tight but not too tight. Also I wear a loose shirt over it. I'm not much for show.

"Ya ready." He asks me politely. I nod and we start walking on the sidewalk.

"How old are you Jason." It feels so weird talking to boys. For fifteen years I have been taught not to talk or touch boys. Now I think I'm dating one and then I have Jason hovering over me.

"Seventeen. I'm a grade above you correct?" I guess? They call this school high school. I don't know why. Is it higher than all the other schools? I just nod. "They call it high school because it's highest of the secondary education(*I have no idea if that's the real reason*)." I glare at him. Before he can do anything else I put my hand to his throat.

"How are you getting into my mind?" I growl a bit. He searches for air. I know he only lives once so I let him down.

"It's not that hard. It's almost like you're letting me in." He raises his eyebrow. "Is there something you want to ask?"

I have plenty questions! But I'll go easy. "How do people join a pack without even knowing and not wanting to?" He doesn't seemed at all miffed that I asked. We were technically just talking about it in the house.

"It all depends on the alpha, me, and the person which is you. I first have to trust you. I have to believe you are my friend and from what I can see you are. Then there is the other side of the coin. The werewolf has to be first of all not in a pack in any way. If he or she is not then it all depends on if they want to join." I stare into his eyes. He definitely knows what he is talking about. "You want to belong somewhere. And being in a pack gives you a since of home. It does that to all of us because we are family. We look out for one another." He smiles a bit at the end.

"But I don't want to join a pack." I still tell him and he sighs.

"You are very stubborn aren't you? You will have to get used to it because there isn't any turning back! Do you even know how to get out of a pack?" His voice keeps calm and collected. "You have to have a sacrifice. A human sacrifice." My mouth opens wide.

"Why?!" I scream. "Why would you have to do that?!"

"To show that you would do anything to get out of a pack. It's so stupid." He admits.

"How long can pack members be away from their territory?" I ask him. In the distance I see the school. It looks so boring. I wasn't expecting a castle but seriously? This is going to be torture.

"Well I don't get what this moon goddess has against women but women can't be away from their territory without permission for about twenty-four hours." His words shock me. Who though of that? "Then the men can do whatever the hell they want whenever the hell they want. It's really annoying if you talk to me. Men are a lot more irresponsible about what they do." Preach it! I hear him laugh a bit. Did he laugh just for not apparent reason or was he laughing because he heard what I said in my mind? "The second one." Dammit! I got to stop him from doing that! "Yeah quickly for your sake because soon probably by accident I will delve into your dreams. That will just be weird for the both of us." I laugh. It would.

"What happens to the women if they are separated for that long?" I gulp waiting for him to answer.

"In the first few hours they start to experience slight pain. When time progresses it gets worse. Soon they will start screaming for it to all stop. They will become weak and not able to do much. Then soon die." I just notice that we have stopped walking. I feel a tear run down my face. I feel horrible for all these women that have gotten that sort of pain. "The only good side about the women thing is that their scent becomes very strong so it's easy to find." At least there is that.