As We Danced PT1

A/N- This story goes out to NariMyung , thanks for suggesting this brilliant idea :).

JadaAutumn.

-
"Your on in five"
Staff says passing by in a hurry. And you sucked in a deep breath to calm your nerves.

There was a lot riding on this performance. Without it, you couldn't become the face of dance. You had to be excellent, showstopping, even breathtaking if you will.

"Now presenting Y/N, with out last performance of the night. Let's give it up for Y/N!"

It was now or never.

You walked out onto the stage in front of hundreds of eyes. And started to do what you do best, and danced the night away.
Claire dé lune played softly as you threw yourself in sync with the ballad.

Leaving everyone in their seat with their mouth agape.

Your eyes only caught a glimpse of everyone's reactions, when your eyes cut to someone who held your gaze like no other.

His eyes never left you and every time you would come back from a spin or leap. He followed you diligently, almost as if he was moving with you.

The dance soon came to an end and there was claps heard all throughout the theater.

It wasn't long after that, before you and a few other contestants walked out on stage to be judged.
You had your fingers crossed behind your back as you presumed that your chances were slim of winning.

"And our winner is!....."

Your eyes were closed so tight that you didn't realize everyone was staring at you until, the announcer placed the winning sash around your shoulders.

Eyes widening in surprise, the announcer clapped for you shortly before asking you multiple questions, that were pretty easy to answer. Well that was until he approached the very topic you hadn't thought much about.

"So for the international recitle, who will be your partner?" He asked tipping the mic for your response.

Your eyes shook with nervousness.

You had no partner.

And to make matters worse, you had no one in mind. Everyone you knew danced like a chicken on steroids so the luck was not on your side to say the least.

"I-I uh actually don't have one" you say forcing a smile.

"Uh-Oh. The rules state that you do or you can't compete. If you can't find a partner, I'm sorry to say but-"

"I'm her partner!"

You heard someone say.

Everyone's eyes, including yours, snapped to a man sitting in the first row. The same man you saw watching you only moments earlier.

Now that the spotlight was shone on him, he appeared to be more handsome that you originally perceived.

"Is this true Y/N?" The announcer asked looking at you.

Your eyes scanned around nervously until they landed on the guy in question. His eyes widened as if to say "agree you imbecile" and you silently gulped.

"Ah yes, actually he is" you say and the announcer chuckles.

"Alrighty then. We'll see the two of you at nationals".