Let Me Help

"Am I incompetent or something?"

He says mid conversation.
B/N and you had been discussing your plans for the evening. And like always you had jumped in to what you were going to accomplish by yourself.

Which resulted in leaving B/N with nothing to do again.

His outburst came out of left field, catching you by surprise.

"What?"

You ask.

"You always do this Y/N" he scoffs crossing his arms across his chest.
The two of you stood in the kitchen looking at each other from across the island.

"Do what? Wait whoa, where is this coming from?" You say looking at him in utter confusion.

When did you being independent become a bad thing?

"You just jump start on everything not matter what it is. I even came home from the gym one afternoon and you even mowed the grass. Y/N, you mowed....the grass" he says again in disbelief.

At this point it was almost comical too you. Was this actually something that bothered him?

"Love your always busy and out doing things. I don't have a problem stepping in from time to time" you say sweetly. As you noticed B/N's frustration start to dissolve.

"Except for when it's all the time. What if I want to take care of you?"

"Baby you can! You do! Thanks to you I'm always financially stable and I want for nothing"

"Y/N you still have a job work 12 hour shifts just to come home and cook, clean and mow the lawn!" He says and you roll your eyes.

"Let it go already!"

"I can't! I'm your man. A man who should be providing for you.... you know, sometimes I wonder if you even need me." He says pouting and you cooed in sadness.

Assuming this has to be testosterone related. You let him vent to you about how he felt. All the while trying to reassure him that in fact, you will always need him.

"Of course I need you babe! Who else is going to complain about cutting the grass" you say trying to lighten the mood. When he darts his eyes at you immediately.

"Not funny"

"Sorry, sorry. Look babe, I love you and I don't want anyone else to be here with me but you. That's why I have no problem taking care of things around here. And besides, it's what I do best" you say smiling.

B/N sighs and unfolds his arms as he walks around the island to stand in front of you.

"Look Y/N. I know growing up you had to mature faster and take care of your sick parents and be a mother to your siblings before you were ready. But now that your with me in our home, everything doesn't have to be on you" He says and your eyes flicker away from his at the painful memory.

It was something that bothered you.

You missed out on your childhood to become an adult early on when your mother and father inhaled at chemical that restricted them from livings normal life.

But you alway tried to look at the brighter side and appreciate all the lessons it taught you. However it seems that your lessons are getting in the way of your relationship.

"Let me do some thing for a change! I can cook one night or even do all the laundry so you don't have too." He says trying to get you to look at him.

"Let me take care of you"

He adds cuffing your cheek as you finally cut your eyes up at him.

You smile at his sincerity and nod your head.

"Okay, I'll try"

You say and to that he cheers.

"Great! Now if you'll excuse me, I have a lot to do" He says kissing your forehead and scurrying out of the kitchen.

The rest of that night consisted of B/N burning your dinner and mixing the dark laundry with the white laundry. As well as screwing up your newly made dinner reservations.

And as you sit there watching him sweat on the phone with the restaurant manager. You smile to yourself.

Yes you knew that you had a lot of fixing to do over the next couple of days.

But you also knew that wouldn't trade him for the world.