Chapter 3

I've been back in New York for about a week now, and I've been spending all of my time at the hospital visiting Kelly. The day Noah gave me my explanation was also the day that we found out Kelly would be able to go home within the month. She is in a stable condition, the emergency operation she had to have on the day that I got here and found her bed empty, was successful.

I have been here all day every day for as long as the hospital would allow. Being in the best hospital in New York meant that the rules were slightly different here especially as thousands of dollars are paid to have the best accommodation and care, which also means that there are no strict visiting hours that I am aware of.

"Thank God you're here I've been dying of boredom!" Kelly's face lit up as I walked into the room carrying a bag. Her eyes were immediately drawn to it. "What's in the bag?"

I had stopped off at the store before coming here and picked up a couple of things for Kelly, she's constantly complaining about being bored. I removed some of the items and handed them to her.

"A kids colouring book?" I could tell she was holding back a laugh.

"It's the anti-boredom adult colouring book, specifically for adults." I pointed to the writing on the front of the book.

"Just because you wrote the word adult between the word boredom and colouring on the front doesn't make it for adults," we both laughed. "This will keep me busy though so thanks."

"Has anyone else been to visit today?" I asked, it was still quite early but usually her parents are here all day just like me.

"Nope, just you and Mason but he was only here for half an hour cause he had to go to work."

"What about your parents?"

"Nope same, they have a big case in a couple of days that they have to prepare for," she seemed a little upset.

"I know you said no one other than Mason and I but has Noah not even come?" There were a couple of reasons I was asking Kelly this question. One was because I haven't seen Noah since the first day I arrived in New York and the second is because I fear he may do something stupid because he blames himself for everything that has happened, that much is clear from the journal.

She shook her head and shrugged her shoulders as if to say that's the usual from him. Kelly then snatched the colouring book and pencils, turned to the first page and started to colour. After a long silence of Kelly concentrating on her colouring and me reading a book I had picked up from the store she finally spoke.

"You never actually told me what happened between you two, do you know that?" I marked my page in the book, took off my glasses and looked up at her.

"Huh?"

"How you and my brother went from boss and employer to make out buddies."

I rolled my eyes, "we weren't make out buddies."

"Well you two weren't dating so what were you doing?" She asked and it made me think. What were we doing? Noah and I were not together and we were not involved in a physical relationship so what was this all then? There were hot make-out sessions, yes but I always felt like there was more to it than just that I explained to Kelly.

"So you two would just make out and that's it? It never led to anything else?" She wiggled her eyebrows. This is kind of embarrassing to be talking to her about especially as Kelly is Noah's sister!

"No Kelly nothing else,"

"I don't understand you two, the chemistry is obviously there but both of you are just in denial and far too headstrong."