Gossip

Aprils pov

Its been five days since that night and things with Jason are only getting better and better... He's just so... So... So perfect! Who would have thought I'd ever say that?

"Me. You dumb human!" Snow teases.

"You're a part of me. So, by insulting me you're literally insulting yourself as well." I say as I roll my eyes at her.

"Enough of that. When are you going to jump his bones?" She asks excitedly.

"Excuse me?" I ask shocked.

"You know you want to. I mean he is one sexy male, just imagine bearing his pups.." She says dreamily.

"Not anytime soon you horny wolf!" I say as I block her.

"Communicating with your wolf?" Jason asks. Oh my Goddess I had totally forgotten he was there.

PS. We're currently in the dining room having breakfast.

"Yeah." My face heats up as I remember what we were talking about.

"That's nice. Do you mind if we plan a day for Shadow and Snow?" He asks nervously.

"I don't mind. We've been spending so much time together, I think they should have their time as well." I say.

"Finally!" I hear Snow squeal excitedly.

"I thought I blocked you?" I ask her.

She remains silent knowing that I caught her, at least she knows when to back off.

"Another thing, can I ask for a favour?" He asks scratching the back of his neck.

"Say it first."

"Well, um what are you doing today?" He asks.

Is this guy serious right now? He knows I have nothing to do especially since I'm suspended from training since THE incident and that's what I'm about to tell him but what comes out is this:

"I was thinking of visiting planet Mars."

"Stop being sarcastic." He says while a small smile appears on his lips.

"You asked the dumb question." I say.

"Okay fine." He relents. "I was wondering if you could please go grocery shopping." He says seriously.

"Sure." I say in a heartbeat.

"Just like that?" He asks and I let out a small laugh.

"Yeah. Give me the directions and the shopping list." I say and he gets up from his chair and goes into his room and comes back with a notebook and several hundred dollar bills. He then draws me a map and I realise that the shops are actually not too far from here. He had written the shopping list on the first page of the book.

"Thanks so much for doing this April." He says while kissing my forehead.

"Anytime. How about we leave together then we split up somewhere in the middle ?" I suggest not even knowing if we are going in the same direction.

"Sure." He says. "But on one condition"

"What?" I ask curiously.

"I'll hold your hand till we split up." He says adorably.

Hold up! When did I start describing my mate as adorable?

"Is that necessary?" I ask harsher than I intended and his eyes flush with hurt.

Shit! I didn't mean to hurt him.

"Its okay. If you don't want to." He says while walking out the door.

I follow him immediately and move in to walk beside him.

We reach the small town within two minutes (see? Its not that far).

"Well, this is where we have to split." Jason says and before I can tell him bye he's already gone.

Wow, okay whatever.

I start making my way towards the grocery store and I quickly finish all my shopping . I get out of the store and start heading for home when I see two she-wolves talking...... more like gossiping.

I'm about to pass them when I hear one say:

"Can you believe that a stranger took Amelias Beta female position? From what I hear, she doesn't even train. All she does is sit at home and do nothing. I feel so sorry for our Beta, he got a good for nothing female as his mate...  " she continues but I stop listening. I walk past her and she doesn't even notice me because she's too busy blabbering lies about me.

I feel saddened that this elderly woman doesn't even know me and here she is ruining my reputation (As if I have any reputation to uphold).

The worst part of it all is I know that I'll be staying up for a lot of nights replaying the words she said over and over again in my head like a broken record.

I feel as though words hurt worse because they become engraved in our memories and no matter what we do , we can never forget them especially if they had impact.

The elderly womans words definitely had impact and I find myself feeling broken.

"April, don't listen to her." Snow says.

"She thinks we're pathetic." I say sighing.

"We both know we are not." Snow says comforting me.

"But-" Snow cuts me off.

"No buts . People will always talk April, whether you're doing bad or good so don't you dare let them bring you down." She pauses. "Let them say what they want but at the end of the day you know yourself better than anyone else. You're allowing them to win by wallowing in self pity. Queens stand tall and walk with pride no matter what emotional turmoil they're going through and you will not be any different. Now, let's go home." She finishes.

By the end of her long adorable speech I find myself smiling because no matter what happened, Snow was the only one I trusted never to hurt ,ignore or leave me.

"Thanks Snow. I really needed that." I say honestly.

"Anything for my human half." Snow says and I start walking towards home.

I take Snows advice and I walk with my chin up, my head held high and I make each step  with pride.

Who knew wolves could be smarter than their human halfs?

______________________________________________

Hey guys!

As promised there goes another chapter.

I hope you liked it 😀😀😀

Thanks so much for 160 followers, 8.4k+ reads and for 2.9k+ votes, you guys rock❤❤❤

If you like this book please vote, comment and share. It means a lot when you do 💙💙

Love,

Alegna❤