FAQs

The questions listed were some frequently asked questions from last year's contest. We assume that these still hold true, so we've posted them here. Don't worry, we're constantly updating this as well!

Additionally, if you have a question, please feel free to ask in the comments of this chapter. We'll try and get back to you ASAP.

~

FAQs:

1. If I submit an entry, can I still be a judge?

Of course! The only requirement is that you may not judge your own book (obviously), or ask any of the other judges to give you a high score.

2. How long will this contest last?

Our schedule is currently very flexible and nothing is set in stone. However, if everything goes according to plan, after the acceptance of all contestants and judges, it should take 1-3 months to read and grade everything.

3. Will there be another Heavenly Awards?

Yep! As stated in our bio, we host one contest a year. 

4. Can I withdraw a book from the contest or change my book?

Yes, although this is discouraged, mainly due to the fact that we're trying to get an organised grading system up and running, and constant changes will just make our job harder. After the submissions end, however, you may not withdraw or change your book.

5. Are you currently looking for admins/graphic designers, etc?

As of now, we are currently not looking for admins, graphic designers or others - only judges.

6. Based on what are you guys gonna be judging?

We will be judging your story first three chapters only, in order not to overwhelm the judges with work. First impressions are important, after all! We will be looking at the overall structure, the establishment of characters and their personalities, some aspects of graphic design (do you have an eye-catching cover? etc.) and mechanics (grammar, spelling, etc).

7. Follow for follow? Vote for vote? Comment for comment? Read for read?

No.

8. Can we update our book (eg. publish more chapters) after we submit it in the contest?

Yes, you may!

~

Remember, if you have a question, just shoot us a comment or PM!