Clothes

A few weeks passed and Aaron was getting more and more comfortable around Simon. He would occasionally sneak into the secret playroom every now and then just to keep his mind at ease and sometimes, he'd just wear some comfortable clothes before bed and go in and just read every book on the little shelf, finding them quite intriguing and sometimes even falling asleep to them.

Simon had given his monthly pay-check and he now felt like a billionaire. Simon had even helped him make a bank account so now he had enough money to go shopping for clothes and some other little things.

He didn't want to waste money on that, saying that the clothes he had were quite plenty but Simon convinced him otherwise and the two were now getting ready to head to the mall.

They had dropped Casper off at a daycare for cats, Aaron didn't even know such a thing existed until then.

Once they reached the mall, anxiety levels sky rocketed over the Earth's atmosphere and probably passed the moon. So many people passed, going in and out of the shops, chatting about who knows what, children crying for things, teens taking pictures of everything they stopped. The mall had everything.

Aaron found himself lingering closer and closer to Simon, keeping his head low. Simon noticed this and couldn't help but let out a chuckle. "Wanna hold hands? You don't want to get separated in the such a big crowd now do you?" Simon said and reached his hand to him.

Aaron looked at it for a bit and was going to consider it but suddenly became too shy. "I'll be okay, I'll try to keep up." He denied, shaking his head as he spoke.

"Alright, if you say so." Simon smile and brought his hand back. "You wanna buy clothes or shoes first?" He questioned, looking around the place.

"Clothes are okay." Aaron replied.

They walked for a while before stopping at a teens area. They stepped in and the place was pretty descent. Nothing looked too expensive and it wasn't that crowded. "Why don't you pick out whatever you'd like, I'll be here when you're done." Simon said to him and he nodded.

He wandered around the place, looking for something that would catch his eye. By the end of that, he ended up picking out a pair of black ripped jeans, two skinny jeans, a few band T-shirt's and a hoodie for the cold. He of course didn't forget some soft sleep wear and under wears.

Simon was surprised when he saw Aaron walk back only fifteen minutes later with two bags. "Are you sure that's all you need?" He looked down at the bags.

"Mhm, I can always wash them and wear them again." Aaron replied with a bright smile on his face.

Simon liked the smile, so he didn't say anything and just lead the boy to where the shoes were located. He only picked out two pairs, one high top full black converse and another random pair of black tennis shoes, and of course some socks as well.

Simon was honestly confused. "Most kids your age like pampering themselves whenever they have the opportunity to buy whatever you know." He said to Aaron as they left the store.

Aaron was raised on a budget of zero. All the clothes he owned previously belonged to the youngest boy his grandmother had. Some were much too big for his small figure and since he never really went out and picked his own style, when he got the chance he didn't know what to do. He just kept it on the low and didn't get too many things. Part of him wanted to break that past spirit and splurge but the other was still dwelling in the past.

They passed a few more shops and Simon lead him to a specific one that really caught his eyes. It was a teen section, but most of the stuff was for girls, except a small little section for guys that had graphic tees and baseball caps.