Run For Your Life [PreciousMetalShipping]

He always sat alone whether if it was in the cafeteria or outside on a bench. His silver eyes were always dull and lifeless. He let off this dark aura that made the cadets fear him. His commander always tried to talk him out of his seemingly on-going trance, but he was never the same since that day.

"Heeeey Silv!" The golden eyed soldier waved to the silver eyed one down the hall. "You know what today is don't cha?" 

Silver stared at him blankly. "Of course I do."

"Isn't this your first time outside the walls as corporal?" Gold asked. "That's gotta be exciting!" 

"More like nerve wracking..." Corporal Silver sighed shakily. 

"Awww, c'mon, it won't be that bad. My squad will be right behind yours...so I can check that ass out." Gold winked. 

"You'll be too far back to see." The redhead stated blankly. 

The Squad Leader groaned. "Oh well, I've seen a lot more than that~." 

The Corporal's cheeks turned red like his hair. "Just get ready to leave." He said, turning around, about to leave. "When we return, meet me in my room." And he walked off to ready his horse and gear. Gold just stood there, already wanting to get this mission over with. 

~~~

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, red for Titan spotted, green is for the commander only, and black is for abnormal. You guys know the drill." Gold said to his squad members; Yellow, Ruby, and Sapphire.

Silver stood nearby with his squad, which consisted of more experienced soldiers; Blue, Red, and Crystal.

Everyone was lined up in the street, heading out. Gold adjusted his goggles to fit over his eyes, and Silver tied his hair back. When they were given the signal, they all charged forward and got into position. 

Everything went to plan; the squads moved perfectly when a Titan was spotted, and hours passed with no causalities. The sun was starting to set, causing the sky to turn into shades of orange and red. Nothing could go wrong at this point, Silver thought. Nightfall would come and the Titans wouldn't be able to move. He told himself that this was a successful day. 

Another hour passed, and they were close to their stopping point. Silver allowed himself to relax. 

Gold on the other hand...he had to warn him. 

He had no flares; he dropped them in panic. 

He couldn't stop it, that was just suicidal.

His whole squad was gone. Dead. Eaten. Crushed. All screaming for help. But no one could. He could only run. Run for his life. 

"Silver!" He screamed when he could see the redhead's squad. Silver heard his name and looked over behind. His heart stopped seeing the crawler not far behind. 

"Someone shoot a flare off!" Silver ordered in a panic. Crystal was already on it, and shot the black flare high in the air. Other black flares were shot off in response. 

"Someone needs to take care of that thing; if Gold makes one wrong move; he's a goner!" Red shouted. 

"I know, I know!" The corporal could feel panic rising more and more, in fear that he'd lose the love of his life. He could stop it, he knows he can. But in time? That's questionable. 

"Slash the ankles." Silver ordered, hoping no one else would be lost. He didn't want to lose squad members to stupid orders of his. Blue and Red nodded, running faster forward to turn around. "Everything will be ok, Gold!" He shouted back to him. Gold only smiled back, hoping he was right.