2 | sunset's orange haze

___________________

___________________

Destroy the house to find the treasure chest
Then, when the treasure's found, you may invest
In building there a palace even more
Sumptuous than the one there was before.
His powers won't bend to your earthly wish
Spiritual power was sent to astonish
You and me with the wonder of His ways
From purple dawn to sunset's orange haze.

- Rumi, Destroy to build

__________•__________

1919 | The Compound
New Orleans, Louisiana

"I fail to understand how this is supposed to be your best alternative, Klaus," she paced around the room, worry etched over her features.

Klaus who was lounging on the sofa with a drink in hand looked up and smirked, "Dear Maeve, leave the stipulations to us. We just have to be discreet with the proceedings if we wish to succeed."

"And using my name will give you that? We are not helpless and I certainly do not believe you have started utilizing your resources yet."

"Indeed. Your name flourishes on our deals and people will enjoy the Prohibition, ultimately giving us an upper hand in the wake," he smiled at her when Elijah entered.

"Elijah, please be kind and say you disagree with this obtuse plot. There has to be another way," she offered and sat beside Klaus who wound his arm around her shoulder which she immediately slapped away.

"Your involvement provides us with a direct approach to the matters without a third-party and guarantees secrecy. If this plot keeps us in an advantageous position over others, then why not, dear," the noble one gave her a look while pouring himself a drink.

She sighed and looked at the two as they clinked their glasses.

"To victory," Elijah said and she got up, defeated.

"To victory, and Maeve," Klaus grinned as she left the room annoyed.

____________________

Elijah leaned against his car away from the runway and waited for his wife to step down the jet. He fixed his cufflinks the moment he saw her walking towards him. They stared at each other while the attendants loaded the car with the luggage and walked away with a small nod.

As soon as they were left alone, Elijah pulled her against him as Adelia's lips connected to his. Her hands went up to tug his hair and clutch at his suit jacket while their mouths devoured each other. He pulled her even closer, gripping her waist tightly as their lips danced in perfect harmony.