chapter 3

IF ONLY FEELINGS HAD AN OFF SWITCH

                                   -ANONYMOUS

REID POV

damn i cant belive i let this girl talk me into going out into the damn wilderness like im white or some shit.

"if a bear eat my ass and kill me im gonna haunt you for the rest of your life" she just lauhgs at me and continues to follow behind our guide. were taking the  Comandancia de La Plata trail. its only 3km long. because it didnt seem to be that long of a distance i thought the shit would be easy and durable,but its a little rough.

"youre not going to get eaten by a bear,but ill protect you if i need to" she laughs at me again. she really finds this whole  situatin hilarious and has been poking fun at me this whole time.

"yeah whatever remember that when a bear shows up"

"i promise you there wont be a bear. maybe some snakes or something"

"ah hell nah im out. you go be left to be eaten by these damn snakes if one shows up"

"oh so youre just going to leave me behind"

"yep" thats my one major ass fear. im not too scared of anything,but a snaake really gets me"

"and bears too" she laughs some more"well i like snakes" i stop walking and give her this crazy look. did she just say she likes snakes. maybe i need to rethink liking her. she likes snakes. her ass might be crazy. who in their right mind would actually like snakes.

"snakes are just very misunderstood and are sweethearts if you get a pet store one that is" people judge them based off their appearance,and the title of them being a snake and being know for being scary. people fear what they dont understand" she appears to be really deep in though,and i dont think shes just talking about snakes right now.

"well lets keep on walking before we get left behinnd everyone is already so far ahead of us. i really dont want to die out here" i say to her and i grab her hand so we can hurry and catch up with the rest of the group.

this trip hasnt been that bad though. on this trail we got to see the old hide outs of the rebel army  here in cuba. we saw their wooden huts and everything. its actually pretty amazing. naomi has been very happy this whole time. shes been smiling so much,and for the time being all her worries have been pushed to the back of her mind. which is really good,and what i want.

"do you want to go chill at the hotel after this and maybe go swimming? then later in the day we can go to a celebration theyre having" i ask her

"sure we can. what type of celebration is it?"

"its carnival santiago de cuba. ive always wanted to go to a carnival celebration"

"oh ive heard of those. they always look so lively and intresting on tv"