three

Poppy did not want to become the headmistress of the school

Poppy did not want to become the headmistress of the school. It was too much work and responsibility on her hands. She was never very responsible anyway. She was as mischievous as the Weasley twins - before Fred died.

With McGonagall as headmistress at Hogwarts and Hermione as the upcoming Minister - give or take a few more years - Poppy needed to find someone willing to hold the responsibility of ruling a school. So, she sought out Molly Weasley, but the fair woman simply said no because she was reminded of how many mouths she still had to feed at home, even after her children had grown up. Then, Poppy asked Narcissa Malfoy.

Hermione nearly fainted when Poppy told her that Narcissa agreed. Poppy never hated Narcissa. In fact, she barely knew her, but she saw how kind and loving she was to Draco during the Second War. And with her husband in Azkaban and Draco with Auror training, she wanted something to do.

Narcissa had always been more understanding than her sister, so when Poppy told her how the school would be accepting Half-Bloods, Muggleborns, and Pure-Blood, Narcissa simply nodded and smiled.

Together, the women came up with a name for the school. It wasn't very original, but Wizarding Primary School seemed like an easy choice. People were suspicious of it at first, but when Headmistress McGonagall of Hogwarts gave a speech on how it was more beneficial for the children, the parents slowly started applying their children to the school.

Poppy was worried if anyone would apply to become teachers or if they would stay, but to her surprise, many people applied. She honestly thought it was because Andromeda sent Teddy, her nephew and Harry's god-son, to the school.

And when the Harry Potter showed up to pick up Teddy from class, a flood of parents sent in applications for their children.

Poppy ran up to him and hugged him. The two never talked much during their time at Hogwarts, so he was definitely surprised. A 3-year-old watched the two curiously while sucking his thumb.

"This school is thriving because of you, Harry! I can't thank you enough!"

He noticed she stopped calling him Potter.

Teddy pointed at her. "Miss Flower."

"Teddy, it's rude to point," Harry scolded.

Teddy frowned.

"Well, you did a lot of pointing in our time, Harry," Poppy retorted.

His cheeks flushed. Poppy laughed at his reaction and waved goodbye to him.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Teddy."

"Bye-bye, Miss Flower!"