four

The children were separated by age groups and taught by a teacher who handled the responsibilities for their year groups

The children were separated by age groups and taught by a teacher who handled the responsibilities for their year groups. Even when the year ended and the kids aged up one year, their teacher stayed the same until they were eleven and off to Hogwarts.

A year had passed and Poppy was currently teaching 4-year-olds. Her students were currently running around the classroom, doing whatever pleased them. It was a Friday with only ten minutes to go before the dismissal bell rang.

Most of what Poppy did for her students were making sure they understood the importance of why Muggles were not allowed to see magic, friendship, family, and why blood status did not matter, but she threw in some Muggle studies, like math and English.

"Listen up, children!" Poppy called out, ceasing movement in the room. "Do not forget we have a field trip on Monday. We will be visiting the Ministry of Magic, so I'm sure you understand how important it is to be on your best behavior. We still need a parent volunteer for the trip, so please ask away."

The children eagerly nodded and hurried to their seats, waiting for their parents to arrive. Poppy sighed happily, putting her hands onto her hips as she counted heads in the room. The children began to talk excitedly between themselves.

Poppy gasped loudly. "Fraser Wood, hands to yourself!"

The boy's eyes widened and he quickly folded his hands onto his laps. His hands were on the way to pull his sister's hair.

Hermione eventually ran for the position as the Minister at the Ministry of Magic, winning because of the fact that she was part of the Golden Trio and was an advocate for creature rights.

The bell for dismissal rang. The students eagerly ran to their cubbies and waited for their parents to come.

Parents came and took their children back home. Poppy's classroom was feeling more empty and empty. Sometimes, she felt a little lonely. When she went home, she had no one to greet her.

Soon enough, Teddy was the last child in the classroom. He seemed unbothered by that, as he was coloring a drawing he drew. Poppy walked over to him and bent down to his eye-level.

"Teddy, is Harry coming today?"

Teddy briefly looked up and nodded. "Yes, Miss Flower."

She rolled her eyes. "That daft man is always late."

Teddy's hair began rapidly changing colors as he scribbled quickly on his drawing. Then, he held it up.

"Look, it's you and me!" he exclaimed.

Teddy and Poppy were holding hands in the drawing. There was an oval-shaped sun in the corner, Teddy had rainbow hair, and there were multiple flowers surrounding them.

"You're my wife in the picture," he stated.

Poppy laughed and ruffled his hair. His hair turned into a pale pink.

Suddenly, the door burst open.

"Sorry, I'm late!"