seventy-two

[name] approaches david's bedroom door, her hand balling into a fist to knock on it. she hesitates at knocking at first, but eventually does.

"it's open." she hears his voice through the other side of the door.

[name] pushes the door opening lightly — since it wasn't closed all the way — and enters david's room. he was sitting above the covers of his bed, his mac book pro placed on top of his lap.

he had one of his usual merch sweaters with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows, along with sweatpants. his hair was all tousled up due to the fact that he never seems to brush it out.

he was currently playing a clip on his laptop — most likely editing a vlog — but when he looks up to see who had entered his room, a big grin grows onto his face at the sight of [name], "hey [nickname]."

[name] gives a small smile back his way, before becoming serious again, "do you... have a minute to talk?"

david blinks at her in confusion, quickly turning his gaze back to his laptop after to pause the clip that was still playing, "oh, uh, yeah. sure." he shuts the top of his laptop, moving it onto the covers of his bed beside him.

david pats his bed, gesturing for [name] to sit on it with him. she walks over towards the edge of the bed, settling down slowly on it, "what's up?" david asked.

"um," [name] hesitates, looking down at her hands as she shoves them inside the sleeves of her clickbait hoodie she had taken from david's wardrobe, "i've... been thinking lately about something and—"

she looks back up to meet david's gaze. he was still staring at her, seeming to be listening carefully to what [name] had to say. [name] had to avert her gaze from his again in order to say what she had to say, "—i think i should go back home."

the smile that was once on david's face began to falter, "wait... what?" he sits up more from his bed, moving closer over to where [name] sat on his bed, "why?"

"i mean... i can't stay here forever, right?" [name] lets out a small, sad laugh, "i've been here for almost two weeks now. i think it's about time i go back home to my family and friends."

david doesn't respond at first, his eyes scanning [name]'s face, "why is this coming up so suddenly?"

[name] pauses, fiddling her fingers underneath the sleeves of her hoodie, "before layla left... she told me that liza was going to have a serious talk with you." [name] finally looks back up at david, "you know, that talk you had recently? the one with getting closure and stuff?"

"you... knew she was coming over, then, that day?"

"well, i knew she was going to come over... i just didn't know when."

david still held a confused expression on his face, "what does that conversation have to do with you leaving?"

[name] lets out a sigh, one of her hands reappearing from inside her sleeve to run through her hair, "i feel like... you might need some time to yourself to... think things over more."

"think things over..? what're you talking about?" david asked.

[name] hesitates again, "you know what? forget it." she said calmly, beginning to stand from david's bed, "i just thought i'd let you know that i'm planning on going back home—"