30. Of Gifts And Kisses

Making my way through the dancing teenagers, I followed Adam to an unoccupied room on the ground floor. I even called his name but because of the music bursting out of speakers, he couldn't hear my voice.

"Adam!" I spoke when I entered the room and he turned around to look at me, his eyes brimming with an inexplicable emotion.

"Hmm?" he mumbled, confusion laced his face when I shut the door and stepped towards him.

"Where is my gift?" I asked, pouting a little and his face showed his discomfort.

"I.. I didn't bring any." he stammered, obviously lying.

"Really?" I inquired, taking one step towards him.

"Really!" he whispered, taking one step away from me.

"Then what's in this pink gift wrapper?" I pointed towards his pocket from which the small box was peeking out and his own face turned red in embarrassment. Hesitating a bit, I leaned forwards and pulled the wrapper from his pocket.

"It isn't-" He tried to complain but I had already opened it. A huge smile broke on my lips when I found what was inside the box. It was a silver pendant, a guitar outline with a small heart in the middle.

"It's.. It's really pretty." I praised, running my index finger along the margin. Nobody else in the school knew about my interest in music so his gift felt strangely intimate. "Why didn't you give me before?" I complained.

"Because it is cheap." he admitted, looking at it with contempt.

"You don't get to call my pendant cheap." I countered and he looked at me as if I had grown two heads. I kept the box aside and wore the necklace around my neck, ignoring Adam's intense stare on my neck.

"It's nothing like Noah's gift." He muttered under his breath but I heard it anyways.

He needed to know how much it valued to me and I was going to show it to him. I stepped closer to him until our chests were touching. Adam, who was previously looking somewhere in the distance, was now staring down at me with his beautiful eyes.

"Yes. It is nothing like Noah's gift." I said and something like pain flashed inside his eyes.

"It's much more precious to me." I spoke in hushed voice. The distance between our faces had somehow decreased to few inches now.

"Why?" he asked, his hand moved towards my face and he grazed the back of his fingers along my cheek, causing me to shiver under his touch.

"Because.." the distance decreased some more, the tip of our noses touching.

"Because?" his lips hovered over mine. Everything felt hot, every touch felt intensified, till it became unbearable for me to stay away from him.

"Because it was your gift." I answered and leaned forwards, claiming his lips with mine. He hesitated for a second but responded at last. Unlike last time, nobody disturbed us and I took this moment to relish in his touch. Our lips were moulded together, fitting perfectly against each others. The softness of his lips made me feel things I have never felt, the passion made my core ache for more.

It felt like it wasn't enough. I needed more so when his tongue dipped inside my mouth, my heart almost exploded. My hands found their way to his soft hair, pulling gently, teasing, massaging, causing him to let a deep moan.

His own hands were trailing down my back, leaving a path of goosebumps all along. My skin had become super-sensitive to his touch, partially because of our nearness and partially because of the thin material of the swimsuit.