Chapter 4

Unedited

Photo of bakery

"Don't try to be what you're not. If you're nervous, be nervous. If you're shy, be shy. It's cute." -Adriana Lima

Hearing the jingle of the door open my heart skips a beat, my first customer! Looking up my heart does a full flip.

A big man with sleeves of tattooed muscle walks in. He is over 6 foot tall, dark brown hair and eyes. He is Mr. Tall Dark and Handsome aka Texas.

Texas, is Kelsey's brother. As hard as I have tried to ignore the quiet handsome man I always find my eyes traveling back to him when I see him in town or at events.

He is huge both in personality and looks! He might not say a lot but his quiet air of authority is enough to silence a room. And he is by far the largest man I have ever met.

Not that I have ever been formally introduced to him or even talked to him. I just feel like I know him because Kelsey talks about him all of the time!

He is her big brother and still plays the hero in her mind. But I know his type he is a biker, who belongs to the local MC. Hell he is the president of the MC. He is basically a leader of a gang.

I know intimately what it's like to be close to a gang leader and I don't really want a repeat. So as much as he sends my libido through the roof I have made a point to avoid him. Until now.

"Hello Ms. Lilly it's good to finally meet the girl who Kelsey won't stop blabbering about . I am Kelseys older brother Texas." He says in a deep voice holding his hand out to shake. His voice does something to my stomach and damn its hot. I have never heard him speak.

Taking his hand I try to keep my voice even and casual "Just Lilly, now what can I get you Texas? Kelsey talks about you too all of the time." My voice falters at the end when I go to pull my hand away and he quickly runs a finger over my wrist as he let's my hand go. I'm not sure how he made something so casual feel so intimate but he did.

As if the finger brush never happened he looks over the menu behind my head.

"I think I'll have a bear claw and a black coffee to go please." He says politely. Taking a deep breath I step away to prepare his order.

Once I have his order in hand I step back up to ring him up. Handing me the cash he goes to walk away.

"Wait can you do me a favor!" I ask feeling silly. 

"Anything for you." He says in the most serious voice.

Feeling even stupider I start to fiddle with one of the dollar bills he just handed me.

"I know this is silly and you don't have to do it but it's supposed to be good luck..." I ramble getting more nervous the more I talk

Stepping back up to the counter Texas lightly taps my chin making me flinch and almost trip trying to get away from him.

Stepping up with his hands up showing he is no threat Texas steadies me. "Easy there Baby I'm not going to hurt you now tell me what favor you need to ask of me." He says in a light tone as if I hadn't just made a fool out of myself.

God I need to grow up! Taking a deep breath to calm my heart I try to start over. "I know this is silly and you don't have to do it but it's supposed to be good luck to have the first customer sign the first dollar earned and to hang it up. Your my first customer Texas so I was hoping you would sign the dollar. I know it's stupid and you don't have to do it." I say looking down at my feet.

"I said I would do anything for you and those weren't just words honey now give me the dollar bill and a pen." He says in a voice that some how sounds both gruff and gentle at the same time. 

After he signs the bill I pull out the special frame that I have sitting under the counter for this bill. I sign my name next to Texas's and carefully place the bill in the glass before hanging it up. Oddly I feel proud of myself and all of a sudden everything feels real.

I suddenly realise the depth of what I have done. I have opened up my dream bakery and I have had my first real customer. I have done it!

Tears of joy fall from my eyes as I stare at the frame. Damn pregnancy hormones.

"Hey, hey it's okay!" Texas tried to sooth me but I can not help but laugh.

"I am so sorry but these are happy tears! My stupid pregnancy hormones make me cry all of the time!" I try to explain to him, while whipping the never ending flood of tears away.

Before I know what's happening I am pulled into a hug... When did he get behind the counter I wonder as I lean into the large male. For some reason I feel safe right now and completely stupid for flinching earlier.

"Don't apologise just enjoy the moment." He whispers in my ear. So I do letting the tears fall freely and allowing myself to enjoy his embrace even if it's only for a minute. I don't hear the door open.

"Oh my God Jackson what did you do to Lilly?" An angry Kelsey yells as she stomps to the counter.

Jackson?

Don't forget to leave me a comment or click that little star button if you are enjoying this story. ❤️ Let me know what you think!