Chapter 32

Aspen's POV

I blinked slowly, as the the setting sun shone in my eyes. Tears trickled down my cheeks and I sat up quickly. I glanced around as I lay on the ground, a block away from the hospital. I cried out as a contraction took over and fumbled in my pockets for my phone. I scanned around me, looking for somebody, anybody. A woman smiled at me sweetly and leaned down. "Hello dear, you seem lost." I gulped and tears flooded my eyes, "Please...I'm in labor..I need the police and to get the hospital." She nodded and held out her hand. I gripped it and pulled myself up. She put her arm around my waist and we shuffled slowly to the hospital. Finally I stopped at the front desk and blew out a breath. Shutting my eyes, I groaned. The nurse looked at me startled then smiled sympathetically, walking to my side. "Hello sweetheart...are the contractions bad?" I looked around for the lady who had helped me, but she was nowhere in sight. I nodded and tears slipped down my cheeks, unconsciously. "I-I was kidnapped..my boyfriend was killed...I'm Aspen Moore." The nurse's eyes widened and she nodded for another nurse to call 911. "Oh honey...well let's bring this baby into the world and then figure this all out. I latched onto her arm and closed my eyes, leaning forward. "Yes..I think she's going to come a lot sooner than we both thought." The nurse gently walked me to a wheelchair and I gratefully sat down. "Honey is there anyone you would like to call? The father? Your mother?" I nodded and she passed me a phone. I quickly dialed Connor's number and waited for him to pick up. "Hello?" His deep reassuring voice made me start to cry harder. "Connor..I'm in labor and Logan was killed...p-please come..for m-m-me."

"Aspen? Holy...of course. I'm on my way." I hung up on him suddenly as a strong contraction took over. I squeezed my eyes shut and groaned. Oh how I wished Logan was here, to push back my hair, rub my belly and kiss my fears away. I sobbed as the contraction ended and called Linda, "Hello?"

"Linda...call your husband and come to the hospital...I-I have something to tell you both." Sobbing, I hung up and rubbed my belly gently. I breathed slowly as contraction tightened my abdomen. I breathed as in my head I heard Logan coaching me. Finally, Connor burst through the door. I looked at his face and couldn't control my sobs. My shoulders shook with pain and he ran into my arms, pulling me close. "Oh A...I'm so sorry. I'm so so sorry." I gripped his shirt and sobbed, "Why Logan? Connor I loved him...He was..he was perfect and he was gonna be there for my baby." Connor rubbed my back and I stiffened. "What's wrong?" I blew out a breath and closed my eyes, "A contraction." I gritted my teeth and moaned. He waited and I breathed slowly when it finally ended. I looked at him with watery eyes and sniffed, "It was awful Connor...so awful and I held him as he died..I-I-I couldn't d-d-do anythin-n-ng-g-g." I hiccuped and slumped onto his chest. He rubbed my back and lifted my chin, "Aspen...it's not your fault. I know that Logan wouldn't want you worrying so much..for Lindsay. She-" The door flew open and I gasped. Linda hurried into my arms. "Honey..what's wrong? Where's Logan?" I wiped away a tear, but they kept pouring down my cheeks. I looked down and watched Logan's dad, Greg wrap his arms around Linda. She paled and looked at her husband, "Is there something that someone is not telling me? What's wrong?" He sighed and looked at her with tear-filled eyes. "Logan was killed honey. He was in the gang I was in...he was killed by the boss." Linda covered her mouth and glanced at me. Nodding, I sobbed harder, "I'm so sorry Linda..it was all my fault." She screamed and started sobbing. I reached a hand out then cried out. Connor paled and nervously stroked my hand, "Hush Aspen..I'll go get a nurse." Greg dragged a broken Linda out of the room and Connor disappeared. I closed my eyes and breathed slowly. The pain was unbearable. A nurse came and gently patted my leg. "Honey..it's time to push that baby out." I gave her a weak smile and started pushing. I groaned and squeezed Connor's hand. He brushed back the sweaty tendrils from my red face. Tears leaked out of my closed eyes. Connor leaned down with a sad smile, brushing my hair back, "Aspen..I need you to pay attention to pushing Lindsay out and grieve later." I nodded, breathing hard. I tightened my hold on his hand as the contraction got harder. Closing my eyes, I pushed. "Ahhh!!"Connor smiled broadly and rubbed my back, "Little pushes now. Almost there." I panted slowly with the nurse and groaned. "I can't do this." I whispered, looking at Connor with tired eyes. I laid my head on my pillow as I waited for another contraction. I felt a hard one, hot searing pain ran through my middle and I screamed. I started pushing , breathing heavily. Finally, a high pitched squeal rent the temporary silence. I panted and squeezed Connor's hand, tears running down my cheeks.  Dr. Miles held up Lindsay Hope. Her tiny fists raised in protest and her chest heaved with sobs. I laughed softly. Connor wiped away a tear from my eye. Another nurse came and started to clean me up.

Finally, a nurse came and placed Lindsay in my arms. I cuddled her close and leaned against Connor's chest, sighing tiredly. "I didn't think this would ever happen." I was finally able to hold my beautiful baby girl. A tear slipped from my eye, "She looks just like her daddy.." Connor nodded,  "Whoever her daddy is, she is gorgeous..just like her mommy." I laughed through my tears and nodded, "Logan would be so proud..so so proud." Connor kissed my forehead and I whimpered, the pain of Logan's loss filling my heart.  I pushed back Lindsay's fuzzy blonde hair and kissed her soft cheek.  I could see Logan's goofy grin as I stared into her bright blue eyes. Long sweeping lashes brushed her red cheeks and her rosebud mouth pouted slightly. I choked on a sob, "Oh Connor..she looks so much like you both. I wish Logan was here to see her. Her hair...her eyes...her cheeks...she's so beautiful." I ran a quivering finger over her pronounced cheek bone and sniffed, "I wish he was here...I wish her could've met her..I wish...so many things." Connor brushed back my head and sighed, touching Lindsay's hand. "I know." Lindsay moved slightly in my arms and mewled. The nurse came back in and smiled sweetly, "Well Ms. Moore, I've come to show you how to breastfeed." I smiled at the nurse and nodded. "All you do is put your nipple by her mouth and let her latch onto it. It comes naturally."  I lifted my nipple and waited as Lindsay root then latch on. She did and I jumped slightly. Connor chuckled and I sighed, "I am so sorry Aspen..for everything. I wish I could be more help." I shook my head, eyes drooping from exhaustion. "It's not your fault...I wish I could've done more for Logan." I mumbled and closed my eyes. Lindsay's mouth went slack and Connor took Lindsay into his arms, burping her. I opened my eyes briefly and smiled as Connor cuddled Lindsay in the crook of his neck.

^^^

Wow..honestly, I have never wished I could resurrect a character like I wish I could Logan. But Caspen is so cute..so is Lindsay!! Thank you for everything! I think this is the longest chapter yet! Hope you enjoy!! Keep reading, commenting and reading my lovelies!

xoxo writing_princess16