Chapter 57: Rock Stars Do It Up Against The Door--Radio Edit

This is the Radio Edit of a Kat and Trace sex scene. If you want the full Album Cut--the explicit scene-it is available in the companion work SOUNDCRUSH EXPLICIT --titled EPIC Chapter 57: Rock Stars Do It Up Against The Door-Explicit.

Both versions cover all the same plot points. If you are going to read the Album Cut, please just scroll through this , vote and head on over to SOUNDCRUSH EXPLICIT! Got it? Good!

Kat

The main floor of this house is traditional, a maze of formal living rooms, studies, sun-rooms. We pass by Leed and Mac slumped together on the couch. Leed is watching a nature documentary. As I step into the room to greet him, he gives me his wide-mouthed smile but puts a finger to his lips. I realize Mac is sleeping. He gives me a wink and blows me a kiss. I catch it and his smile lights up brighter than I thought possible. Trace tsks at Leed and pulls me from the room.

"Mac okay?" I ask as we go in search of the others.

Trace sighs. "I don't know. She doesn't talk to me. She says she has Leed and Adam needs a friend that doesn't feel divided. But Adam doesn't talk to me about it, because he says Mac needs to see that he is loyal to her above all others, and he's made mistakes in the past, putting their stuff out there when he shouldn't have. I guess, when they figure it out, we'll know."

It's not even noon, but Adam and Bodie are on the back deck playing beer pong with all the members of Strut. Street and Bridge have also made their way out here. I've met Strut one time before—Sadie the back-up guitarist, Harper the bass player, and Chili the drummer. All cool girls, all sporting a different fluorescent hair color every time I see them, all of them having the same nonchalance towards Row's insanity as Trace is apparently developing. Except I think theirs is mostly fake and she scares them, and Trace is about the only person besides Matt that can actually put the little bitch in her place.

Right now, she is destroying Adam at beer pong. She's skilled and he's already wasted. I wait until the cheers subside and Adam chugs his cup. I slip beneath Adam's arm while Trace is busy being a del Marco—directing Bridge and Street to their rooms upstairs.

"Lil Sis!" Adam slurs, hugging me tightly. "Glad you're here. Everything's all to shit," he mumbles. "Can't talk about it, but...Mac likes you. Good for her, you being here."

I hug him back, noticing that Adam has apparently abandoned his rock star persona for vacation. He's wearing cargo shorts, a pastel Southern Tide t-shirt and boat shoes. His southern boy slip is showing. I smile, thinking of Colin, who texted last week to say football camp at UNC was hell but his new girlfriend was an angel from heaven who made it all better.

"Mac likes you," he repeats.

"Are you saying you don't like me, Adam?" I tease.

He's too drunk for teasing "Wha?" He looks confused. "Naw, 'course not. I love you. You know I love you." He crushes me to him, and we sway precariously.

"All right, big guy, you got a reputation to redeem," Bodie, sporting nothing but board shorts and muscles, pulls Adam off me before he tips us both over the deck railing. "Row, Adam is the Soundcrush pong champion, he can't go out like this. Let him go for three out of five."

"Fraid not. Strut has band practice momentarily." Riley's chipper voice precedes him from the kitchen. He looks cool as always in lime green shorts and a slim fitted short sleeved button down.

"Riley!" I cry and leap into his arms.

He swings me around. "Good to see you, love."

"Like your new job as Soundcrush manager?" I ask.