Chapter 12 - Devastation

Mila's POV

I saw Tristan, leaning against his car, lost in his thoughts as I left the company.

"Good evening, honey." I greeted him, giving him a smile and leaned over to kiss his lips.

"Hi." He mumbled dryly and turned his face, making me kiss his cheek.

"Are you okay?" I asked, confused.

"Yeah...We need to talk." He said with a stoic expression.

I looked at him, puzzled. "What happened?"

Tristan looked strange today. He acted cold towards me; something was wrong with him.

"Let's talk somewhere else." He suggested coldly and walked towards his car without waiting for me.

I looked at Tristan while he was driving the car. His fingers tightly wrapped around the steering wheel. He looked preoccupied. There was uncomfortable silence in the car. But I couldn't dare to break this silence. On the other hand, there was some strange feeling inside me. It felt like something bad would happen. I breathed deeply and looked through the window as I entwined my hands nervously.

He parked the car next to the park. We got out of the car and walked towards the park. We sat down on the bench. He was staring into the space without saying anything. This silence was making me annoyed.

"What is bothering you, Tristan?" I asked, concerned.

He breathed deeply, running his hand through his hair. He turned his head towards me and faced me with a serious expression.

"I want to break up." He said with a stoic expression.

I looked at him speechless. Did he say that... My mind got blank. My heart tightened. I closed my eyes as my head spun.

"Umm....why?" It was the only thing I managed to say. I couldn't think straight.

"I can not continue this relationship. It isn't for me. I am not ready to be in a serious relationship." He replied nonchalantly.

I looked at him without saying anything, frozen. My mind was blank. Tears shimmered in my eyes. My heart shattered into a million pieces. I couldn't still believe my ears. I leaned my hands on the bench for support and grabbed the edge of the bench. I couldn't feel fine anymore. My head was spinning.

"I...But...you told me...you love me." I mumbled with a shaking voice.

He breathed deeply, looking away."I am sorry, Mila. But I can't." He said dryly without looking at me and stood up. "Bye." He muttered and left in quick steps.

I watched his leave as tears ran down my eyes. I placed my hand on my chest while trying to control my breaths. My heart was pounding. I felt like I was going to collapse. My head was still spinning.

After calming down a little, I stood up, but I didn't still feel fine. The wave of nausea flooded over me. I covered my mouth with my hand, breathing slowly. Fortunately, it passed.

I walked towards the road in slow steps. My legs were shaking. My hands were cold and sweaty.

I woke up with my phone ringtone. I rubbed my eyes and opened them barely. I couldn't sleep properly last night. I was tossing and turning in the bed all night. When I fell asleep, the sun had already risen.

"Yes?" I mumbled sleepily as I picked up my phone.

"Mila, why didn't you tell me that Tristan and you broke up?" Jenna asked, offended.

"What? How did you know?" I asked, puzzled and sat up on the bed.

"There are Tristan's photos with some girl in the magazines." She informed.

My heart tightened. Nausea flooded over me. I pursed my lips, trying to stop the urge to vomit.

"...What?" I mumbled as my eyes welled up.

So he broke up with me because of that girl. How stupid I was! I thought he loved me.

"Yes, they look so close." She said with an apologetic voice.

"Jenna...I have to hang up." I mumbled and hung up without waiting for her to say anything.

I covered my mouth with my hand as nausea hit me and rushed into the bathroom. After vomiting, I washed my face. I placed my hands on my cheeks, looking at myself in the mirror. My face was pale. I placed my hand on my stomach and went back.

I sat down on the bed. My legs were weak. I grabbed my phone with my trembling hands and tapped Tristan's name on it, searching for the news.

Tears ran down my cheeks as I looked at Tristan's photos with the girl; he was laughing while she was saying something in his ear, his arm wrapped around her, her hand rested on his thigh. In the other photo, they were leaving the nightclub, his arm wrapped around her waist while she was leaning against him.

The famous playboy keeps on playing in the field.

The incorrigible heir, Tristan Sullivan was spotted with a famous model, Naomi Brandon. After spending more than four hours at the nightclub, the couple left the place together.

I threw the phone onto the bed and held my head between my hands while tears were running down my cheeks non-stop. I felt betrayed, heartbroken. I was fucking in love with him. But he.... I shook my head, smiling mockingly. He played with my feelings. He never loved me. All these things were a big lie. I lay down on the bed and curled up, wrapping my arms around me protectively while crying hysterically.

Tristan's POV

I was looking at my photos with Naomi in the magazine. I breathed deeply and put the magazine down on my desk.

"Thank you, Naomi." I said as I lifted my head up and looked at her who was sitting opposite me.

"You are welcome. But I don't still understand why you wanted to do it." She commented and shrugged her shoulders, puzzled.

Naomi was Cody's friend as he said. But I was sure that they were fuck buddies. I asked Cody to find me a girl who would pretend like my lover in front of the paparazzi. I planned it to keep Mila away from me. So Cody suggested Naomi as a fake lover to me.

"It is complicated. In short, I have to keep a girl away from me by making her hate me." I murmured.

The sadness clouded my eyes as I mentioned Mila. It was so hard for me to stay away from her. I already missed her. And I hated myself when I broke her heart. Her betrayed expression from yesterday was still in my mind. Every time I closed my eyes that expression flashed in front of me. I hated myself for hurting her. But I didn't have another choice.