Chapter 30 - The serious conversation

Mila's POV

I bit my lower lip nervously and nodded shyly. "Yes, he is." I admitted. "I am sorry, Dad. I know I disappointed you and my mother, but..." I said while tears were running down my cheeks. "I couldn't kill my baby." I added and looked at my sleeping son.

He took a deep breath and approached me. He wrapped his arms around my shoulder and pulled me into his chest. He hugged me, stroking my hair. I hugged him back while crying.

"I would be more disappointed if you did it. I am glad that you decided to keep my grandchild." He confessed, still hugging me. I pulled back and wiped my tears off my cheeks with the back of my hand. "But I am offended because you kept it away from us in secret. Do you think we are cruel parents and hurt you because of this or force you to do anything you don't want?" He added, stroking my cheek and looked at me affectionately.

I looked at my mother. She gave a warm smile.

"No, Dad. I never thought that....but I was afraid of disappointing you. So it was the only choice I could find." I confirmed and wiped my tears off my cheeks.

"Ok, stop crying. I hate seeing my beautiful angels crying." My father said, giving me and my mother a smile and wiped my tears off my cheeks with his thumbs.

"Dad." I gave him a smile."I love you." I added and hugged him.

"I love you too." He said and hugged me.

****

I rubbed my eyes and stretched out. I pulled the cover away and got up.

After taking a shower, I put on a blue floral dress. Then I went downstairs. I quickened my steps as I heard Joshua crying.

"My boy, why are you crying?" I cooed him as soon as I walked into the living room.

Joshua was gripping my mother's blouse while crying hysterically. As he heard my voice, he turned around and raised his arms towards me, crying.

"I can't stop him from crying. His diaper is clean, and he ate his breakfast." My mother informed.

"Come to Mommy, my treasure." I cooed him and took him in my arms.

He gripped my hair while crying. I stroked his back and placed a soft kiss on his cheek. I started rocking him smoothly, but he was still crying.

"Joshua, look!" My mother cooed him as she shook his rattle in front of him.

Joshua turned his head, ignoring the rattle and continued crying.

"Oh...probably he wants his stuffed bear." I commented. "Mom, could you take Joshua? I will bring his toy; it is in the study room. I forgot it there when I was breastfeeding him." I said. She nodded and took Joshua in his arms.

I went to the study room in quick steps. When I arrived, the door was ajar. I stopped as I heard my father's voice. He was talking on the phone.

"Did you find his birth certificate too?....Yes...I am waiting....bye." He said in an authoritative tone.

Birth certificate? Whose? And why does my father need someone's birth certificate?

I ruffled my hair, puzzled. Then I knocked on the door and walked in.

"Mila?" My father gave me a questioning look.

"Good morning, Dad. I forgot Joshua's toy here." I informed, looking for the toy.

"Good morning." He said as he nodded. He looked preoccupied.

"Oh, I found it." I said happily and grabbed the stuffed bear.

When I looked at my father, he was staring into space.

"Dad, are you okay? Is there any problem?" I asked, concerned.

"...Umm...No, everything is fine, dear." He replied, giving me a lazy smile. I nodded and left.

As Joshua saw his toy, he stopped crying and extended his hands towards the stuffed bear. I smiled and gave him his toy. He quickly grabbed it.

"Little imp!" My mother exclaimed and tapped his nose playfully.

I smiled and took Joshua in my arms and placed a soft kiss on his head.

A few minutes later, the doorbell hummed. The housekeeper opened the door and let the security chief walk in.

What is he doing here? Oh....it was him who my father was talking on the phone. But what is going on? If my father didn't know about Joshua, I could think it was his birth certificate. But I told him about Joshua.

I stroked Joshua's hair, lost in my thoughts. He extended the toy towards me, babbling as he interrupted my thoughts. I smiled and placed a tender kiss on his chubby cheek.

A few minutes later the security chief left. It hadn't even passed more than a few minutes since the security chief left when my father left in quick steps, holding a file in his hand. I called him from behind, but he didn't stop.

Tristan's POV

I was in the company, checking the details of our new project.

Suddenly, my phone rang. I grabbed it and looked at the screen. It was my mother.

"Yes, Mom? "

"Tristan, are you still in the company?" She asked. Her voice was strange.

"Yes, I am. What happened?" I asked.

"I am waiting for you at the cafe. I will send you a location. Come quickly! We need to talk. It is important." She said with a serious tone.

"Mom, is everything okay?" I asked, worried.

"Yes. We will talk when you come." She replied.

"Ok, Mom. I am coming."

I closed the file and placed my phone into my pocket. As soon as my mother sent me the location, I left the building. I got in my car and started the car.

I parked the car in front of the cafe and got out of the car. I walked into the cafe and looked for my mother. I narrowed my eyes in confusion as I saw my mother with Daniel Parker.

What the hell is he doing here? And with my mother?

I clenched my fist, staring at them in frustration. I frowned and approached them.

"Tristan." My mother said anxiously as she saw me and they stood up.

I ignored my mother and looked into Daniel Parker's eyes furiously. He gave me a sad smile as his eyes welled up.

What is got into him? It was the first time that he has smiled at me. And this expression...What the hell is going on?

Suddenly, he approached me and hugged me tightly. I froze in surprise.