-REASON FIVE-

June 11th, 1979.

When you have a dysfunctional couple having lunch with you, there is a whole lot that can go wrong.

Brian doesn't even know why he accepted their lunch offer. He just wanted to relax at home and play his guitar. Not sit in front of a couple that is on the verge of breaking up and acting as referee.

But Roger and him is back from Edinburgh, and the first thing on his mind was to spend time with Rosie. No matter how tired he was from last night.

Upon having arrived to London, Brian wanted to make plans with some of his former university friends. Unfortunately, it was only Roger who was available to go since much of them were either in working or somewhere with their loved ones. The curly-haired Brit wanted to back out of the thing, he would have used the time to relax and rest in the comfort of his own home.

Before he could even text Roger, he beat him to it.

Roger Taylor
You should come for lunch with Rosie and I today.

Brian May
...

Roger Taylor
???

Roger Taylor
Bri, come on I need you

Brian May
Ok.

Not to mention Rosie did as well (no wonder she and Roger lasted this long).

___

Rosie
lunch today w/ Rog pls come

Rosie
pls pls pls

May(onaise)
No

Rosie
fuck u

May(onaise)

Jk, sure :P

Rosie
i hate u

Brian didn't even want to be in the middle of a conflict between them. Multiple times Rosie had expressed her feelings about their situations to the curly-haired man before some concerts, and every time, he kept telling her to tell Roger about it.

You're never going to be happy if you don't tell him.

He was like her life coach. Telling her the pros and cons of her decisions, the consequences, his own personal thoughts. The man was as close to Rosie as the siblings she never had—if there was anything between them, it was offensive jokes and making fun of each other.

Rosie and Brian met the moment she stepped into the rehearsal studio back in 1972 the year she fully moved to London with Roger. She had been in the studio a few days before meeting the band and bumped into the Brian as she was heading out of the studio and almost immediately caught his eye. He sparked up a conversation with her, part of the plan to get her phone number before finding out that she was in a relationship with his best friend, Roger.

So it really wasn't an ideal situation to have lunch with the girl he had had the biggest crush on for a while, and her boyfriend. He loved her as a friend, don't get things twisted, she had become one of his best friends too,  but deep inside he still quite liked her in another way. So, he's been avoiding this moment for the past couple of years.

Especially now that Rosie's been texting him about these problems she and Roger have lately, he didn't want to be in the middle of everything.

He sat across from the two at their table outside, a little awkward considering the fact that Rosie and Roger have spoken less than ten words to each other today.

It was another argument between the two. One right when Roger came back from Edinburgh, and they arrived to the café frowning.

"I did that exercise routine you told me about." Brian spoke, trying to ease up the tension at the table. "Felt nice after."