Chapter 5 | First Day✅

Word count: 1071

《《《《《

SAMANTHA WALKER

"Ahhhhhhh!" My body bucks down by the bed, picking up the damn towel and praying the floor would swallow me.

I freeze in shock, my heartbeat speeding by seconds and my entire body flushing under his scrutiny.

I almost pant waiting for his reaction.

Fuck. Fuck!

After a few more moments of awkward silence and he proceeded to walk in, kicking the door shut.

His face remained the ever blank mask as he threw his coat on the couch.

I sat blinking, eyes moving along with his movements. He walked into the closet, then came back, walked across the room a few times, and finally locked himself in the bathroom, bringing me back from my dazed state.

What. The. Fuck.

What the actual fuck?

That son of a bitch just saw me naked. Naked!

What was that reaction?!

I expected him to approach me or react to me but what was that indifference?

Not that I'm disappointed or anything. It's better this way. Why did I expect anything different?

He was not that teenage boy who chased me around. He never was anything but hostile.

Nothing's changed after all.

On hearing the shower stop, I hurry into the closet and lock myself in.

I hear the door open and movements outside.

After the noise died and deciding that he fell asleep, I walk out slowly, dressed in my grey sweatshirt and pink cotton shorts.

I stand beside the bed in the darkness, thinking over the pros and cons of sleeping on the couch.

Finally deciding that the cons weighed more, I settled gingerly on my side of the bed.

No way in hell was I gonna sleep on the stiff couch and miss out on this magnificent fluffy bed because of this asshole.

Thankful that his back was facing me, I lotioned my hands and legs, brushed my hair back, and settled on the bed.

Soon the warmth of the bed and the person beside me wrapped in a cocoon and I drifted off to sleep.

■□■□■□■□■□■

I woke up to an empty bed and the sun rays furiously hitting my face.

I let out an annoyed whine and picked up my phone. It was 8:45. Damn. That's too early! I never wake up this early.

I did set the alarm but now it seems too soon.

And who the hell left the curtains open?!

It's my first day in this house. So I guess waking early wouldn't hurt.

After stretching and yawning a few more times, I made the bed.

Then locked the door before entering the bathroom. Don't want last night's events repeating now, seriously.

That was humiliating enough.

In a short while, I was done with my morning routine and was surprised to find my clothes and items neatly arranged in the walk-in closet on the other side of his.