21 - Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire - pt. 2

Chapter Seven Continued

 It's a photo of Ari and me from this morning

It's a photo of Ari and me from this morning. It's us as we pull up late to school in the Tesla. The Roadster's top is down and both of us are laughing and wearing Ray Bans; she'd let me borrow a pair.

We actually look really cool. It's definitely not the worst picture of me. I kind of want to save it to my Instagram. Next to the photo is another one. It's a picture of Ari and me together, it's from weeks ago. Taken after the photo of her and John were leaked.

We are holding each other in the hallway. Our bodies are closely pressed together and my arms are wrapped around her waist. Ari's hand is caressing my cheek and she is staring at me with her intense grey eyes. Most of my face is hidden by her hand and my hair, but it's definitely me.

The moment is of her comforting me after I'd started crying while trying to console her. Nothing else. But it looks very much like she is about to kiss me. Below the photo it reads:

"Is Aurora switching teams in the game of love? Words out they did more than have a friendly sleepover. Does Aurora's new femme know this princess doesn't play fair." - Anonymous

I sigh in relief. The post is so absurd I want to laugh. I'm not a lesbian, girls have sleepovers all the time. And we were just hugging. Anonymous was stretching it. Katie mistakes my reaction for a sigh of distress. 

"I told you to be careful..." She says and rests a hand on my shoulder. I remember how seriously Katie took the posts. To her it wasn't just gospel, it was evidence.

"...and now you're on the Dirty like her. She's going to hurt you and I don't want to see you get hurt." 

Her eyes are filled with sincerity. Before I can reassure her the post is fake, she briskly walks away. There hadn't been any double meanings behind her words, but words of caution. She's truly worried about me.

I contemplate the post as I watch her go. Why hadn't the anonymous tipster posted my name? A twisted attempt to protect me? I squint my eyes at Katie as she turns the corner down the hall and disappears. No. She wouldn't have? Would she?