Chapter 2

Hello to the person reading this! or if there even are any people reading this.. *quiet sob*

First of all, thanks for noticing my story :) I'm rewriting this story because I felt like I did a crappy job on it and because I have so many new story ideas *^* Please comment, vote, and blah blah blah. Hope you enjoy :)

---

My eyes slowly opened as I woke up from my sleep. I squinted at the ceiling for a bit as my eyes adjusted to the room around me, then turned my head to check my clock.

6:59 AM

I groaned as I threw off the covers and got out of bed. I was going to be late on the first day of school. Flipping-Fantastic. Just as I finished putting on my uniform-which was a blue and white checkered vest with long white pants-my little brother, Alan walked in.

Alan wasn't exactly my brother, though. We're both from different mothers. We're both adopted, as you might say.

"Good-morning, Shi~!" Alan cheerfully exclaimed as he threw me a bright smile that perfectly matched his emerald eyes. "Mom said to hurry up! You're taking me to school, remember?"

"I am?" I asked as I messed with my dark brown hair. "Oh yeah, you're starting your first year of high-school today, aren't you?"

The small brunette frowned at my forgetfulness. "Yes, I am! And you promised you'd and Safu would walk me to school!" Alan handed me my backpack when I was finished with my hair.

"Oh yeah. I forgot I promised both you and Safu I would walk to school with you. Do you think she'll be okay if we all go together?" I asked as we left my room and trotted down the stairs.

"She'll be fine with it! Safu's really nice, and pretty, and smart, and-HERE!" Alan ran downstairs and threw himself into the arms of a familiar short, dark-haired girl.

"Ah-! Haha, Good morning Alan. It's nice to see you." Safu smiled down at Alan and ruffled his hair. "You're getting taller every time I see you. I can't believe you're going to high school already!"

Alan beamed up at Safu with a bright grin while I stood at the bottom of the stairs, still speechless. Safu looked gorgeous in her white skirt and dark blue vest. I struggled to breathe when her brown eyes met my own. "Hello, Shion. Good morning." She politely smiled.

"U-Uh.. Good morning, Safu.." I lamely said as my brother laughed at my stupidity. "My my, hasn't she grown to become a beautiful young lady?" My Mother said from the doorway. We all gave her a polite 'Good morning' as she entered the kitchen.

"Safu, when did you get here?" I asked once I had almost gotten over her beauty. Almost. "Your mom let me in." she replied as she removed her arms from around Alan. "She said I should come in and have breakfast while I wait for you." I got an apple from the basket and rubbed it against my shirt as she spoke. I guess this was going to be my breakfast.

"Oh. Okay. Are we all ready to leave?" I asked, getting an enthusiastic 'YES' from Alan and a nod from Safu.

"Then let's go." I said as I held the door open for all of them.

"Bye mom!" Alan said, then ran up to give her a hug and plant a kiss on her cheek. "Bye Alan. I love you. And please, stay out of trouble." She warned as she returned the kiss and hug.

I watched them as I felt a weird emotion bubble up inside me. Alan always watched over my mother. And since he had been homeschooled ever since she adopted him 8 years ago, Alan had always made sure she was okay and healthy. He watched over my mother as I went to school and work, and when I came home he would always run up and tackle me with a hug. He was such a good kid, I wondered why his parents would ever put him up for adoption. Alan had never told me and always got nervous when I asked him.

But as for me, the reason I was put up for adoption was apparently because my father didn't want to bare the struggle of raising a child, and left my mother before I was even born. My mom, having being all alone with a newborn child, couldn't deal with me, so she gave me up for adoption right after I was born. And when I say right after, I mean literally right after. The moment I exited her womb she screamed at the doctors to get 'IT' away from her.

My mother never told me any of this. I found out on my own when I found my adoption papers, along with an old newspaper with me as a baby on the front page. Sadly, they either purposely blurred out my mom's face, or they hired a terrible photographer because the picture was really blurry and looked more focused on me than on her.

"Shion? Are you okay?" I heard Safu say to me as I snapped back to reality. "I'm fine. I'm sorry. Let's go." I waved to my mom before we all walked out and I closed the door behind us.

---

The first few chapters are going to be a LITTLE boring, I'm sorry about that!! But you have to know a little about the characters before I start the story, right?Anyways, thanks for reading!!! I really appreciate it :)