The Last Choice

Aesthetic

re·born

/rēˈbôrn/

adjective

brought back to life or activity.

1.

"a reborn Catholic"

(Not Edited)

Leah

               I woke up to the pungent smell of hospital disinfect, invading my nostrils. The room was silent apart from my heavy breathing and the beep-beep sound you often hear in hospitals that indicates you're alive. I slowly opened my eyes, squinting in an attempt to sharpen the blurred images before me. I glanced around and took in the deserted, blue and white color schemed hospital bedroom. How long have I been here?

I shut my eyes, trying to remember what had exactly happened. Then it all hits me like a trainwreck. My mind filling up to the brim with images and scenes of Ezio, and him exiting the basement. I felt a headache creeping in, my hands darted upwards, my fingertips pressing against my temples as I tried to ease the ache.

The annoying beeping increased with each deep breath I took, my fingers gripping the white sheets that were hiding my marked up body from the world. I was shaking violently, I wanted to leave, I didn't want to be here at all- I want to go home, I want to see Mia... I- my thoughts were cut off by the sound of a door clicking open, my heart going into overdrive as I shut my eyes tightly, not daring to look at whoever the person is.

I was ready to scream, to rip out every tube that was currently invading my body until I heard them speak, their voice made my body relax- I felt like I was in a dream, it couldn't be, I'm just dreaming... I'm still in Ezio's basement, he still has me trapped.