The Sickness

Aesthetic

de·lu·sion·al

/dəˈlo͞oZH(ə)nəl/

adjective

characterized by or holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder.

1.

"hospitalization for schizophrenia and delusional paranoia"

Leah

Leah

I stare at the ceiling above me, counting the small cracks and dents. I pull on the handcuff that's around my wrist, tears start blurring my vision. Will I ever get out of here? Will someone rescue me from this nightmare? I oddly enough, I miss my parents. I feel like I can't remember how they sound like or look like anymore, I'm slowly losing my mind the longer I stay here.

He will eventually break me and there's nothing I can do about it, even if I put up a fight, it will lead nowhere. He has me wrapped around his finger and at this point, I don't have enough energy to care. 

I laid here recalling memories of Mia and me, she wanted the best for me but I regret not growing a backbone when she and everyone else kept making fun of me. Who cares if I was still a virgin? Maybe I wanted to save it for the right person. I grip the ends of my hair, yanking it harshly. 

Stop blaming others for your actions, you could've told them "no" but you still went along with whatever they said; what are you? Their puppet? My inner consciousness growls at me, giving me the middle finger. My eyes burn with more hot tears, my body shaking even though the room is warm.