Chapter 11

I'm sorry for the late update, As I said in the previous chapter so many things have been going on in my life. I hope you enjoy this chapter, Please don't forget to vote and comment.

It's been more than a week since the charity event, and Laura still couldn't reach Colton. She tried to call him. She went to his house, and knocked for several times, but no one opened the door. she was now sitting on her couch in her apartment trying so hard to keep herself up. The doorbell rang, and she strode towards the door to open it, only to come face to face to Cassie. Her shoulders sagged as she sighed

"It looks like you were waiting for somebody else" Cassie gave her a sad smile. She knew what happened in the event. And she hated Colton for making Laura sad and heartbroken. Laura didn't deserve that.

Laura opened the door wide enough so Cassie can enter. The apartment was clean. It was a little bit fishy to Cassie. Normally when Laura was sad she will make the apartment a mess.

"Are you okay" Cassie asked worried.

"Yes Cassie. I'm okay. Do you want to drink something? " Laura asked. Cassie shook her head. Laura shrugged her shoulders and walked towards the sofa and sat on it. She started looking ahead. She could feel Cassie's gaze on her, so she sighed.

"Why are you here Cassie?"

"I don't know, maybe because my best friend is having a hard time, and I'm trying to support her."

"I don't need your empathy Cassie"

"What? You know that I don't feel empathy towards you" Cassie scoffed.

"I don't know and I don't care. I just want to stay alone" Laura screamed.

"Laura, don't do this to yourself again. Neither he or nick are worth it" Cassie said softly

''you're doing this intentionally, you're bringing up nick. You want to remind me that neither I was good enough for nick, nor for Colton isn't it?" Laura chuckled bitterly

"What are you saying Laura?" Cassie asked incredulously.

"Leave now. I don't want to see you" Laura didn't want her to leave. She needed a shoulder to cry on. She needed to someone to hold her.

"No I'm not leaving whether you like or not" Cassie said firmly.

"Please leave me alone, do like what everybody did, and leave me" Laura's voice broke.

"Honey" Cassie strode towards Laura and hugged her. "Don't say this, it's not true".

"It is" Laura hissed. "They all left me and you're leaving me soon".

Tears were trying to fall from Laura's eyes, but she tried to stop them. she vowed to never cry again.

"Laura cry, it will make you feel better" Cassie said softly.

"I'm not crying again. I'm done with him." Laura said bitterly. But a tear escaped, and another. And she was soon crying silently.

At seeing her emotional state, Laura hugged her and drew circular patterns on Laura's back to soothe her.

"I...I trusted him... why had he done this Cassie? Am I... am I not good enough for him? What...what is wrong with me?" by now she was crying hysterically. She started beating her heart. "Why does it hurt this much here? "She pointed to her chest "I vowed to never let myself in this situation. But here I am again" she got out of Cassie's embrace. And looked at her "I'm so tired...I'm really tired, my heart... my heart can't give no more" Laura hiccupped.

"You are going to be okay. You're strong Laura. You've been through many hardships and you're still here. Look at me Laura" she held Laura's face in her hand" you're going to get through this. He's the loser. He lost a precious girl like you "she smiled and Laura snorted.