Chapter 17

Laura and Colton were driving to the cottage where they were going to spend the weekend. A slow song was playing in the radio. Colton was driving while his fingers were tapping on the steering wheel while Laura was watching the scenery changing from the city heading to the country. At this moment she felt serene and fulfilled. She started picturing herself married to Colton and every weekend going to the cottage to relax and enjoy their life together. She could see Colton as a father of their child, she could picture playing with her daughter or her son and a lazy smile stretched on her face.

"What are you smiling for?" she turned her gaze towards him and was met by a set of warm eyes, eyes that held passionate love and passion.

"I was thinking about you as a dad" she took his hand and kissed it while closing her eyes. He smiled warmly at her.

"I'm sure I will be the best dad ever and you will be the best mum" he winked at her.

"We will be. How many kids do you want to have?" she asked him

"I would like to have four kids. But it's up to you." Laura felt a warm feeling rushing through her

"I want two, but we can compromise"

"What about we start working for them this weekend" Laura let go of his hand abruptly, a mortified look hovering over her face.

"I was planning to have kids for at least two more years". Right? She thought. She didn't know Colton that long but she quickly fell in love with him, and she trusted him. She knew that if she ever fell pregnant this weekend she will be thrilled, but the thought still terrified her.

"You love me right?"

"Yes" she said quickly

"You trust me?" Annoyed she nodded her eyes. What was he playing at?

"So why don't we have kids now?"

"I want to have kids after we get married at least" she blurted. He raised an eyebrow at her and smirked.

"Are you proposing to me babe?" he asked. Laura buried her face in her hands and groaned.

"No... No you should be the one to propose"

"So you're asking me to propose? " Colton was trying so hard to stifle a laugh

"No I'm not asking you to do anything I just" she resigned in her seat and sighed exasperatingly. "Just drive" she mumbled and crossed her arms. Colton reached for her hand to hold it but she swatted his arm. He shook his head while smiling. It warmed his heart that she was picturing a future with him and he was too. If it was up to him he would propose for her today but he wanted it to be perfect, to last in her memory forever.

"Babe we're here" Laura felt warm lips on her forehead. She slowly opened her eyes blinking as she adjusted to the light. Colton was hovering over her at her side while smiling. "come on". She looked around and she saw a small house made of wood, surrounded by trees. It looked warm from the outside. There was nothing around but nature. She closed her eyes and smelled the fresh air. Colton was calmly waiting for her to get out of the car. Laura opened her eyes and linked her hand with his

"Do you like it?" he asked her with a gleam in his eyes.

"I love it" she went on her toes and he met her half way in a sweet kiss. She wounded her arms around his neck and tugged at his hair. Colton made a low sound and pressed her more to him. The kiss that started slow became passionate. When their lips parted, she was breathless for more .She pressed her forehead to his chest and felt the hardness of it. She already pictured what was underneath his shirt and felt herself turned crimson.