Chapter 49

One more thing. Many of you are commenting Nico. Who's that? Another character??

Have a wonderful day ahead and God bless you guys.

💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖

############################

Prince Phoenix's POV

I stood inches away from her, waiting for her response. She suddenly seemed nervous and unsure about herself. I took another step closer, looking down at her. Very slowly I took the basket away from her hands and laid it on the ground. She made no move to prevent me from doing so. My Little Flower stood frozen in her spot.

"Say no and I won't do it." I forced the words out. "But please don't say no." I gently lifted her chin and dipped my head down until my lips were centimeters away from hers. She swallowed hard and her breathing became ragged. I placed a chaste kiss on her forehead to calm her nerves while I ran my thumb softly against her lower lip.

"Can I?" I asked again. This time I only whispered the question. She stared at me with those eyes that held both tenderness and a hint of uncertainty.

"I....I don't know how..." She whispered back. I smiled remembering the kiss we shared in the gardens but that was just a quick peck on the lips and nothing more. I bet she didn't even know what happened that moment.

She was making me fall for her all over again and she doesn't even realize what she's doing to me!!

"Let me show you," I said in a soothing voice but it had a complete different reaction. Her eyes lost its softness. They were now filled with....fear? She instantly backed away. "It will hurt." She blurted out and turned away.

Memories came crashing back. I knew what she was talking about. My words triggered her. When she was under my rule, I always forced her to kiss me and whenever I wanted to kiss her, she didn't have a bloody choice as I would just take what I wanted. I was always rough and demanding. That was the type of kiss she was expecting now.

I took her wrist and slowly turned her around. Cupping her face with both my hands, I made her look me in the eye. "Not like that Little Flower. That's not how it is supposed to be. Let me show you again. I promise you it won't hurt. Give me a chance. Let me show you what a real kiss feels like." She stared up at me but said nothing. Then she placed her hands over mine. "I won't hurt you in any way." I said and I carefully placed my lips on hers. They were so soft and warm. Slowly I began to move my lips against hers. I placed one hand at the back of her neck and the other around her waist, bringing her closer to me. Gently biting her lower lip I slipped my tongue in her mouth. There was a spark as our kiss deepened. She too followed my movements. We savored each other as she wrapped her arms around my shoulders to balance herself.

A moment later we broke apart and she was breathless, her face flushed, her lips slightly trembling. She kept her arms where they were as she couldn't stand on her own.

"Was that too much for you?" I hesitantly asked hoping I didn't go too far. I was completely lost in the moment. She stared into my eyes and shook her head, still breathing hard. Resting my forehead against hers, I hugged her.

"It was....nice." She squeaked out seconds later.

Just nice? I have to up my game.

~~~~~~~

Princess Aeval Florentine's POV

Oh my goodness! That was how kissing was supposed to feel like?! Wow! I was all smiles as he drove us back. We reached the castle just before midnight. We were so very late. I hope my family wasn't awake waiting for me in the hall or something.