Lucario x Braixen

Braixen

Lucario

As requested by: emo_shade

       Before I begin, I wanted to make the announcement that I'm currently at a Horseshoes tournament. For any of you who don't know what "Horseshoes" is, it's essentially a sport for grandpa's with the exception of a handful of their grandsons—which includes me (that's the best way I could describe it, lmao!).

      With that being said, I'm not going to be home again until Sunday night, so I'll try to update side-stories as much as possible (that includes this, btw). I just thought I'd sorta update you guys or whatever, XD.

      A N Y W A Y ! ! ! Lucario x Braixen is sort of a classic. The best way I can describe it is the "highschool ship", AKA the pairing that was dedicated severely to "Pokemon Highschool Fanfiction". I just...need I describe more?

      However, I really got into these two during my early stages of hating Insectivoreshipping. I told myself, "Lucario is a MUCH better choice to be with Braixen than Greninja is!"

     Branching from that, Lucario actually became one of my favorite Pokemon (this was before I really knew much about Mewtwo, keep in mind), and I probably considered Lucario x Braixen and Lucario x Zoroark to be on my god-tier of shippings because of it.

      However, disaster quickly struck. The same thing that happened to Insectivoreshipping started happening to these two—the highschool fanfictions! Lucario became this one dimensional figure that was either some sweet, innocent angel, or some powerful, unimpressive demigod devoid of the ability to do wrong.

     Braixen suffered too, yes, but it was mainly Lucario for me. The vision of Lucario was obscured to the point of misery, and I actually started RIOL (the original) out of the spark to make fun of this stereotype...