Chapter 10- The Truth will out

Yavin Four, one of the satellites of the inhospitable gas giant Yavin, was a lush jungle. An ancient race had once risen only to disappear quietly long before humans and the Rebellion had found this planet. Its colossal pyramidal temple had once been a Rebellion base and now served the Resistance. The jungle surrounding their base was never quiet, with barely perceptible moans, hoots and cries and strange mutterings issued from concealed creatures hidden amongst the dense undergrowth. Dawn on this planet was beautiful as the sun broke the thick mist to a feral chorus of shrieks. Zorii steered her shuttle to follow Poe with the Falcon towards the large pyramidal structure breaking above the trees towards the heavens. The trees around the temple thinned to allow the ships to enter the docking bays of the Resistance on the lower levels. With her craft safely landed, Zorii exited her craft without her helmet and was greeted by several familiar faces, a few of which were not human- Leia Organa, Lando Calrissian, Chewbacca and Maz Kanata. They were all very much as she remembered, though a little older, though with Chewbacca and Maz, the years she'd been gone had made no substantial change to their appearance. That happened when your life was so long. It always impressed her how much Maz cared when she'd lived so long. Calrissian stood, an exuberant mustard-coloured cape lay upon his shoulders ending at his waist. His charismatic smile was on his face as it always was, though accompanied by a few more wrinkles. Chewbacca's giant hairy form stood arms crossed, and next to him, the diminutive Maz Kanata seemed even more absurdly small, and her viewing lenses seemed even more prominent. Leia Organa looked as regal as she ever had, her face lined with sadness and loss in a long purple gown and grey robe pulled high up around her face. It was Leia who spoke to her first.

"Zorii Bliss."

"Leia Organa, I like the hair."

Leia smiled, "It's new." She stepped forward, her hands outstretched to Zorii in greeting, and she took them. "It's been a long time, old friend; you are most welcome."

Zorii and Leia walked together for a while, discussing what they had done since they had last seen each other. Each other's tales of adventure were filled with love and sadness. Leia's sadness was heartbreaking. Zorii admired her inner strength to keep going despite it all. Her son, Kylo Ren, was leading the First Order, having turned to the dark side; he'd murdered his father. Leia had finally found Luke after his shame and guilt had caused him to go into hiding, but she had almost immediately lost him. They sat in a clearing not far from the base, listening to the native wildlife's bizarre chorus.

"I'm so sorry about Han, Leia and Ben. All of it. "

Leia turned and smiled at her, "My son isn't gone. I have hope."

Zorii returned her smile; she'd forgotten Leia's boundless hope. Within her hands, Leia stroked a smooth metal disk with her thumb; Zorii recognised it immediately.

"Han's medal, the one you gave him all those years ago."

Leia opened her hand to show Zorii the medal, "This is all I have left of him."

"That's not true, Leia, he's in here," Zorii touched Leia's head, "in here", she said as she reached for Leia's chest, where Zorii could feel Leia's heart lightly beating beneath. Leia nodded with a sad smile. Zorii allowed the moment to linger for a while before speaking again, "Come, there is much to discuss."

Within the mains operations room within the depths of Yavin Four's vast stone temple, the leaders of the Resistance now sat in a circle- General Organa, General Calrissian, General Ematt, Admiral Statura, Admiral Nunb, Lieutenant Connix, Commander Snap Wexley, Commander D'Acy, Commander Dameron, Captain Finn, Chewbacca, and Maz Kanata. Rey had not returned from Endor, but Leia had assured her friends she was alright. She'd have felt a disturbance if something was wrong. Countless others stood on the edges, all eager to see what Zorii, who stood at the centre of this meeting, had brought them in this fight. First, however, General Leia Organa spoke, placing a hand on the bounty hunter's shoulder as she stood and took centre stage.