•Chapter 3•

•Theadora Sanford•

I packed the strange man's clothes into his bag after folding them. I washed them before because they were dirty. My heart was beating so loudly that I was able to hear it. Why didn't those people help the man? He was dying! Did they leave him like that on purpose? Did I do something wrong?

It was late at night, and everyone was asleep. I was able to hear Alpha Alexander shouting at the men that they lost something. I decided to go to sleep so I wouldn't be tired in the morning. I slowly crept to my bed and got inside my blanket. I said my prayers and Cat jumped into the bed with me. I let him curl up and I smiled softly while closing my eyes.

• • •

My alarm rang, successfully waking me from my sleep. I made sure that I was up early to make sure the man was okay. I got into the shower and washed off. Afterwards, I brushed my teeth and washed my face. I smiled at my reflection and ran into the room. "Sir." I whispered softly. He stirred a bit. Most of his wounds had healed. "Sir," I repeated poking him.

His eyelids flew open, and I was met with beautiful grey eyes. I had never seen anyone with grey eyes. It was an amazing first experience for me. I quickly looked away before he was able to notice and stared at the ground. "Wh.....what's going on?" He groaned.

"I-I helped you. You were dying," I replied.

The man questioned, "Your name..... It's Thea, right?"

"Yes sir."

"Why do you call me sir? My name is Joshua, but call me Josh." He greeted. "And why are you looking at the ground?"

His question took me off guard, but I answered, "I-I was raised to. I-I'm an omega." Josh grabbed my chin gently and raised my head so that I was staring into his beautiful eyes again.

"Well, I'm a rogue. Rogues don't need to be treated specially." He shrugged. I nodded slowly. I heard a soft meow and fur press up against my body. I smiled while picking up Cat. "Who's that?" Josh asked.

I placed Cat on his stomach, "My cat. His name is Cat."

"Cat the cat." Josh chuckled. I loved that sound. Laughter. It reminded me of Mama's laugh. All the jokes we shared. I smiled sadly. "Thea? Are you okay?" Josh interrogated with concern. I avoided his gaze, my eyes instinctively found their way back to the ground.

"I-I'm sorry. I-I was j-ust-"

"Why are you sorry? You don't have to be afraid to smile." He stated in confusion while tilting my head upwards towards his gaze. "It's okay, really. I'm really thankful you saved my life."

"You're welcome. I'ts just that master doesn't like when I-I smile or look him in the eye. It's disrespectful b-because I'm just an omega."

I tried to stop myself from stuttering, but I wasn't able to. "You're treated that bad here? I'm really sorry about that. Most omegas aren't treated this badly from my past experiences." Josh frowned sadly.

I took a glance at my clock. "I have to cook breakfast for everyone. Please try not to draw attention." I begged him.

"Don't worry, I can't go anywhere with my leg bandaged up," he noted.

I got up and shut the door to the small room, but left a crack. I ran into the kitchen, just in case anyone was there. No one was, so I began to cook.

• • •

"What did I say about putting this shit on my plate?" Alpha boomed. His dark eyes filled with hate and disgust. "What are you looking at?" He snarled making me drop my eyes to the floor.