•Chapter 18•

•Theadora Sanford•

It seemed to happened in slow motion. The book fell from my hands, and I couldn't find any words to describe how I felt. "Y-You're m-my..." His silence answered my question. I took steps back, unable to process anything. "No," I whispered continuing to back up.

"Theadora, watch out," Alpha Alexander attempted to catch me, but I hit the bookcase from backing up so much. A few of the books fell, and he growled in frustration.

My heart sped in my chest and Alpha Alexander held out his hand for me, "Please allow me to explain."

I pushed his hand away in anger and stood back up, "Explain what! Why you abused me for all my life? Why you left my mother on her own? Why you let these things continue to happen to me?" Furious tears shed from my eyes. "You," I pointed to him shaking my head, "are not my father."

"Thea, I know it's a lot to take in." I ground my teeth and looked up at the ceiling. I silently prayed. I prayed all of this could be fixed. I needed mama. What would she do? I took in a deep breath and straightened myself. "Will you calm down for me to explain?" I avoided his gaze and walked over to the desk. I sat down in the chair and expectantly gazed at him. Alpha Alexander sighed, yet remained at a distance. "18 years ago I went to a pack. I was just on a visit to settle disputes between the Alpha of the pack and I. The Alpha allowed me to dinner with his pack members, and that's when I smelled it."

"Smelled?"

He nodded, "yes, I smelled her before I saw her. It was this strong scent of-of beauty. I-I cannot explain it, but it was so enticing. I remember staring at the door, and then she walked out. Long brown hair and green eyes. She walked so gracefully, but I don't think she noticed me. I was 17 at the time, and she was 15. She set my plate in front of me, and I grabbed her wrist. She was surprised, I suppose. She felt the... the sensation of tingles. It was almost like... like magic. Our moment didn't last long because the Alpha dismissed her, but she stared at me the entire time she walked back. She tripped over a few things. It was cute."

I couldn't help but laugh with the tears in my eyes. "She was clumsy," I looked down and played with the fabric of my dress.

"I tell you, I didn't believe in the Moon Goddess until she blessed me with a mate. I don't know why she'd do it, though. Me, of all people, getting a mate." I nodded in agreement. Mama deserved better. "Anyway, after dinner I waited outside the doors waiting for her. I could just smell her scent growing stronger and stronger. I was so excited to see her again. Everyone had left, so when she came out, I grabbed her by the waist. She kind of screamed in surprise, but relaxed because she knew it was me. I kissed her then, and she seemed just as happy as me. I brought her to my room, and that night we..."

"I-I know." I quickly intervened. I didn't want to hear about either mama or Alpha Alexander having sex.

"The next morning we got caught. It was by the Alpha's beta. Vera was still asleep, but I waved him off until he told me who she was. An omega. I was already settling some issues with the Alpha, and if he found out I was sleeping with his Omega, it would ruin my own reputation as an Alpha. They'd think I was weak. I made him swear not to tell, and I luckily didn't mention we were mates. I started getting dressed when she woke up. She smiled at me then asked where I was going. That's when I... I told her to leave. At first, she was confused, then... then I grabbed her by her neck and I carried her outside my room. I dropped her-I fucking dropped her like nothing! Like she meant nothing to me!"

I was shaking in anger. I wanted to hit him. I wanted to make him feel the pain of rejection he gave my mom. I wanted him to pay. "You're sick," I shook my head and stood up.