Info & Warnings

Okay, hi! Please read this. 

Alaska:

According to Wikipedia, if you did not know what Alaska is, Alaska is a U.S state located northwest of Canada. It's the largest and most sparsely populated U.S. state, and it's known for its diverse terrain of open spaces, mountains, and forests, with abundant wildlife and many small towns.

Illicit:

Forbidden by law, rules, or customs.

Chickaloon:

Now, you should know that Chickaloon, Alaska, is in fact a real place. However, the way I describe it...not so much. There's no real town or village there, no tavern, things like that. So, it's all fictional.

>>>>>>>>

Story blurb, quote, & synopsis:
A newly turned eighteen-year-old runs away to Alaska in order to escape her (literal) burning past.

❛❛If the cold doesn't kill you, the wolves will.❞

Mikaere, 18, has grown up sheltered and alone. After her parents died, and she was adopted, the only trace of her first family she has are letters her uncle used to write to her. However, they stopped shortly after the death of her mother and father. The last one written to her contains the hint of a mystery: what happened to her uncle, John, all the way up north in Alaska? And now, shortly after her 18th birthday, Mikaere is afraid that she's been framed for murder. So, following her uncle John's instructions per his last letter written, she runs away to a tiny village in Alaska. Once she's there, Mikaere sets out to find out what happened to John, all the while avoiding being recognized by a bounty hunter who has ties in the village, also. However, unsafe situations and circumstances inside the village and in the forest that surrounds it are not the only things that await her there. Two (gentle) giants do as well, and Mikaere just may or may not grow to love them. But first, she has to get the human one to actually talk to her.

Official Song Of the Story:
Wolves by Selena Gomez

It will be marked as adventure, but it is also basically:

Teen fiction

Romance

Mystery

Humor

Action

This story will not be connected to any of my other previous stories.

>>>>>>>>

Warnings:

- There will be an age gap of 8 years, so if you aren't comfortable with that, then...I don't really know what to tell you. Sorry.

- There will be some dark themes, I guess?

Just to let you know:

- Regarding borders & customs, if how I've written it is wrong or not accurate at all, please let me know because I've never been out of the U.S., and would very much appreciate making the writing as accurate and realistic as possible

- If you want to look at the route Mikaere takes, just type 'Spokane, WA' to 'Chickaloon, AK' in Google Maps because I literally just followed that.

- At the end of the day, if you think this story is dumb, honestly that's fine. The bottom line is I enjoyed writing it, and I used it as a sort of escapism, and that's what matters.

- I fully appreciate feedback, positive or negative. I'm just happy that people are reading my story, period. So please don't be hesitant to comment all you like, blow up my notifs, whatever. I'll love you for it. Really. Commenting is very much appreciated.

Alright, that's all!

Thank you