The Weird Kids

Normally, 8:30 was when juvenile humans would wake up after many hours of a good night's sleep. This did not apply to young Damian DeVont. The only reason he had to be awake was because it was the law for humans. Damian, is not a human. He was born into and grew up in a wealthy family of Vampires. Rumor has it the DeVont family is secretly related to the Draculas, but this is unclear. Damian lived with both of his parents, Dermos and Dialla DeVont, his Sister, Densei DeVont, and his Hellhound, Mordecai.

Damian prepared for the day by first smearing black grease paint around his eyes. This would keep out the sun's glare. Next he would wear sunscreen, as to protect every other aspect of his skin from burning up. After which, he would put on his day clothes, consisting of a brown plaid jacket and pants, a navy blue button down, black dress shoes and socks, black leather gloves, and a maroon colored scarf. Now normally for this time of year someone would most definitely die of heat stroke upon stepping out the door. But, Damian was a vampire, and that didn't matter to him. But, before he could leave out the door, he needed his most important thing. His umbrella. That was his most cherished item.

He walked out the door, hating every moment of his life. That's what people do nowadays. But, just as he walks out the gate to his mansion, he stops and looks up. At which point he turns into a thin cloud of smoke, and flies his way to school. Many would mistake this ability for transforming into a bat. In no time at all, he had made it to school, his landing making a cloud of black smoke around him. Classes would begin in five minutes, so naturally, Damian would slowly stroll his way to his first period class... Math.

The first thing the class was supposed to do was write what they were hoping for this year on a note card. Considering he was a Vampire, there weren't a lot of things he could say that wouldn't have him talking to the police. So, after almost five minutes of thinking, Damian wrote, 'To make as little friends as possible'. Damian hated people too much to care about their petty friendships. After some time, class finally begins, and the teacher asks what '18,000 x π' is. The class goes silent, nobody knows how to answer that. 'Stupid people.' Damian thinks to himself. He calls out, "How many digits?" which warrants everyone to look in his direction in confusion. "This is a trick question. The answer depends on how many digits in π you're using. Because π has a nearly indefinite number of digits. So I ask again, how many digits?" everything goes silent for a few decent moments, before the teacher points at Damian, and says with his southern accent, "I like that."

A period and a half later, Break starts. While students gather to form little cliques in their designated spots, and people of all shapes, sizes, colors, and tastes of blood pair up and start laughing about stupid memes, Damian does different. He simply prefers to sit on the brick wall near the edge of campus. From his lunch box he pulls out what looks like a juice pouch... It's actually full of blood. Things are quiet for Damian, until he spots something very unusual to the human world. Two kids, giant ones, bigger than Damian himself bullying a kid who's on the ground. Now Damian doesn't like people. He hates how they do this kind of stuff because they think it's hilarious and they could get away with it. And that's exactly why he needed to intervene. He leaped down from the brick wall, and then briskly walked his way over to the action. Upon getting there he grabbed one kid by the leg, and spun him around, tripping the other one, and then tossing him onto the ground. Damian then steps on his chest, and then shouts in his face. "You don't ever do that again. No matter where you go, or who you meet, you will not oppress anyone smaller than you. Do you understand me!?" as he shouted, his eyes turned red and his fangs grew out, as the rest of his teeth sharpened themselves as well. After the lecture, the big guy nodded in absolute fear. Damian took his foot off of him, allowing him to run away. Damian re-adjusted his coat, as his teeth reshaped themselves, and his eyes turned back into a cold blue.