2: Blank Space

Taylor Says: She played with the idea the media had about her personal life. It was quite an interesting character.

Message: There once was a girl who was known by everyone and no one.

"Was there a reason behind the new start you were chasing Miss Swift?"

I fidget.

"Somewhat."

"Would you mind sharing?" "Very much so." I nod.

"Let me rephrase that, would you please get up here and share?" You have got to be kidding me.

I get up and stand next to Mr. Keller.

"Now there was 40 of you in here yesterday. Now there is 37, excluding the Starbucks girl who is currently waiting for a schedule change. This is a safe zone yet not safe with everybody. This is only a test. When you're an icon to millions of people around the world, they're going to know your business. Therefore you need to be able to tell your personal stories without batting an eyelash. Can you do that?"

I close my eyes. If I want to be a song writer, I'm going to have to.

I nod at him.

"Perfect!" He claps and takes my seat next to Harry.

"Love is a game." I stand at the podium. "And when you get asked out it's almost as if someone is saying, do you want to play?" I close my eyes and imagine I'm talking to thousands of screaming fans.

"I dated this guy I had been friends with for a few years. I knew him pretty well... Now just imagine the stereotypical teenage girls in school uniforms gossiping. We were the talk of the school when we first got together. Then the rumors started. Things like," I took a deep breath. "he was only friends with me because he knew I would fall for him which would make me an easier target." I worded it for an easier term of getting into my pants.

I pause for a moment before I take the microphone off the podium and start waking around.

"So I had this reputation, you could say, by the end of the year. Even though I had had a boyfriend, my first, it was known that I was this obsessive dater who was like emotionally unstable. I relied on my boyfriend, which was absolute rubbish.

"Then it started going around that I was cheating on him. I mean my boyfriend never believed any of it, but I had girls pegging their brothers to lie to him just to be mad at me. So he at one point actually thought I cheated. And with every new rumor I had heard I would just wait for a reaction out of someone. These rumors always ended badly but differently each time. Before I knew it I was this character of a girl who had had all these boyfriends yet still got them. When in reality I had been dating the same guy for less than 7 months."

I leaned against a wall. "They called me insane and a whore. The rumors didn't bother me much though because I was happy. So soon I started to just embrace the rumors. Love may be a game, but I loved it. Then it took a twist where it was like some guys expected me to cheat on my boyfriend with them. Obviously I denied it but I played around with it. I told them they'd be an option, just to get them to go away. That didn't go well with my boyfriend... The worst was yet to come. The rumors started getting into my boyfriends head. We would work it out then soon enough we were back at square one, then the rumors slowly started to become true. So one day we were the top couple of the school and the next day we were broken up. It was frustrating."