Chapter 57: Za... Zar- General who?

Za... Zar- General who? A question mark was written across the faces of all members of Yunbao Branch. They looked at the assessment team who seemed to be just as ignorant as them and reluctantly filled in the blanks in their hearts.

Oh, General Zarad.

The atmosphere suddenly became strangely quiet. It was complete silence. At this time, a needle dropping to the ground would sound like a lightning bolt in the middle of the night. The expressions on both sides' faces were still frozen.

The focus of everyone's attention, Zarad, who had finally shaved off his beard after days of persuasion, did not respond. His eyes kept shifting around and he felt a bit stupefied, he did not meet the gazes of anyone present.

In fact, Zarad wanted nothing more than to leave... No, actually, he hadn't wanted to appear in the first place. Why was he even here?? Fretting over these trivial matters, Zarad still stood in place with a serious expression on his face. His stance was the standard military posture for soldiers. In the eyes of the assessment team, he had the air of a Star Alliance general.

But to everyone at Yunbao Branch, seeing this appearance made them faintly understand.

It hit Xia Qi especially hard. Her face was a disillusioned mess, the whole person did not seem well.

As for Xia Qi's reaction, Xie Tao could actually understand it.

He distinctly remembered that he once heard the other say that she was a fan of General Zarad and that the General was a great hero she particularly adored... Recalling the bearded and unkempt sloppy appearance the other had when he first came to Yunbao Branch, Xie Tao's mood was also a little complex at this time. He felt it a bit unreal.

A Star Alliance General worked.. worked as a gatekeeper at their club— No, as a combat instructor?? The other people's reaction was a bit better than Xia Qi's, but at this time they also had an expression of being struck by lightning. They looked at each other in dismay and saw the same blank look on the surrounding faces.

It was not clear which side was more ignorant. The first to break the abnormal silence was the head assessor. The former straightened her back and walked up to the middle-aged man standing in front of her, she then saluted him and carefully asked, "General, you are the combat instructor of this nursing club?" What was the origin of this club?! This was the only thought that was on the assessors' minds at this time.

They did not know what to think anymore. How could such a big shot who used to make the whole Star Alliance military tremble with a mere stamp of his foot, appear at this far from well-known nursing club? The assessment team could not understand it at all.

"En." Zarad put on airs and curtly answered.

As he did this, Zarad sensed the subtle gaze from his colleagues and immediately felt a little guilty, but he still tried his hardest to maintain his stern appearance.

Getting a definite answer, the way the assessment team looked at the staff of Yunbao Branch suddenly changed.

From the start, they had never looked down on this club. They always used a formal attitude when conducting field assessments, there was nothing wrong with the way they had behaved.

However, now they had to give face to this big shot and could not have the same kind of aloof manner. After all, what if after seeing them off, the other contacted his close friends in the Star Alliance military or his former subordinates? At that time they would not get any food and would not be able to walk away from the matter... Moreover, it was still not certain if the General would resume his post at the Star Alliance one day.